This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for an mmo

#1rapacioushoboPosted 4/8/2014 2:17:44 PM
I have the itch to play an mmo again. The big problem is that I have played the majority of the major mmos that have come out recently as far as I am aware and I don't really feel like going back to any of them. So from the mmos that aren't WoW, GW2, swtor, FF14, DCU Is there anything worth playing or should i just hang back until EQ next comes out.

Also for the record I am not interested in ESO. I played the beta and didn't really care for it.
---
i5 3570k | Asrock b75 pro3 |4gb gtx 760 | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz | Antec 620W | 1 TB HDD | Cooler Master elite 431+
One more drink at the Sunk'n Norwegian
#2YuniuninuniunPosted 4/8/2014 2:20:14 PM
Nothing really worth playing right now, wait until the next wave of MMOs are released.
Archage
EQ
Black Desert
are what I'm looking forward to
---
Patiently waiting for Dragon's Dogma PC
#3thatauthorPosted 4/8/2014 2:25:45 PM
what about Fallen Earth?
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#4urtvPosted 4/8/2014 2:26:49 PM
tera
#5NGd72Posted 4/8/2014 2:47:06 PM
Yuniuninuniun posted...
Nothing really worth playing right now, wait until the next wave of MMOs are released.
Archage
EQ
Black Desert
are what I'm looking forward to

Black Desert looks mind blowing with the graphics...but I dont believe they even have a NA developer yet, so it's not a guaranteed release.
#6clowningPosted 4/8/2014 3:24:54 PM
The only thing I need to know about an MMO is this: is it tab target combat. If it is, pass. So from my perspective, the only MMO worth playing is TERA, even though the questing is the most amazingly boring trash anywhere. It is the epitome of fetch quests and themepark. But the PvP is fun, thanks to the combat system
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7cuteboi100Posted 4/8/2014 3:27:49 PM
urtv posted...
tera

Tera's good. Nice rich environments, graphics and gameplay that is leagues ahead of any other MMO.

Just a few suggestions, you might get overwhelmed with the number of skills, you don't have to use them all, just hotkey the first skill of a chain and subsequent skills of the chain can be activated by pressing space. So I need only 4 hotkeys and I can focus on the fast-paced combat at hand.

Also, the questing is quite dull, I am leveling by alternative which is BAM (Big Ass Monster)-grinding. It's exciting and making the game so much better for me.

It's also not pay to win at all.

Great MMO!
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5