This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know of any good post apocalyptic open world games?

#1Homie_202Posted 4/9/2014 12:56:33 AM
I have been having a ton of fun recently on my PC and I am really wanting to play a good post apocalyptic open world game. Obviously I have played games like the series Fallout, I have played rust, I played rage but didnt really care for it. And I have played both borderlands. I haven't played dayz yet but I plan to soon. But I am more looking for ones that are maybe more under the radar. I think the majority of the ones that are well known I have either played or don't maybe hold an interest to me. Thanks in advance.
#2jakisthePosted 4/9/2014 1:04:40 AM
Tried the Stalker series?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#3NeninaPosted 4/9/2014 1:18:44 AM
Metro 2033 or Metro Last Light?
#4daemon_danPosted 4/9/2014 1:22:11 AM
Nenina posted...
Metro 2033 or Metro Last Light?

Did you miss the "open world" part?

I second the stalker series
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#5Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:23:20 AM
jakisthe posted...

I am thinking of those. I looked into them and found that there is a really good mod called complete that makes the game still look really good graphics wise.
#6ClouddxPosted 4/9/2014 1:31:36 AM
Homie_202 posted...
jakisthe posted...

I am thinking of those. I looked into them and found that there is a really good mod called complete that makes the game still look really good graphics wise.

Stalker is amazing, you should deftly try it. There are a few mods out there, although most people wouldn't recommend the Complete Mod I really enjoyed it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#7daniel79Posted 4/9/2014 1:58:22 AM
Homie_202 posted...
jakisthe posted...

Stop that.

For Shadow of Chernobyl try 'Autumn Aurora 2'. I'm currently playing through it now and by god, it's pretty bloody good! I find it better than complete.

It makes it look awsome to boot.
#8Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 2:24:34 AM
Awedaniel79 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
jakisthe posted...

Stop that.

For Shadow of Chernobyl try 'Autumn Aurora 2'. I'm currently playing through it now and by god, it's pretty bloody good! I find it better than complete.

It makes it look awsome to boot.

Awesome I will look into that mod. I plan on getting the full stalker series whenever the steam summer sale starts.
#9thatauthorPosted 4/9/2014 4:40:51 AM
Fallen Earth is a free game on steam.
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#10kingoffpsPosted 4/9/2014 4:43:53 AM
RAGE suffered from a severe case of Hype Backlash but is a pretty solid game. It has a good atmosphere and some pretty good gunplay.

It's not as open as Fallout but think of it as lots of areas connected by canyons.
---
i7 920, MSI X58 Platinum, 12GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950, 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
Username was created back when FPS games were cool...