This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Realistically, if I purchase a Nvidia Titan X GPU

#31Cowboy082288Posted 4/10/2014 4:53:30 PM
Unless your doing 4K gameing or you are a professional doing content creation (which I doubt because you wouldn't be asking about it on gamefaqs) why do you even care about these cards?

Also it is just the nature of the beast, cards drop in price and newer better ones come out. Get one that does what you need and don't worry about it.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#32SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 4:55:55 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Unless your doing 4K gameing or you are a professional doing content creation (which I doubt because you wouldn't be asking about it on gamefaqs) why do you even care about these cards?

Also it is just the nature of the beast, cards drop in price and newer better ones come out. Get one that does what you need and don't worry about it.

Hey, I think more than a few content creators are on here. Not saying they are in well-known companies (Maybe some?), but i'm sure there are a lot of indie designers. One thing I've found about people in the gaming industry (Mainly just the art side of it, Programmers are more informed :P) is that they don't seem to know much about the computers/tools they use to make their art. They just focus on the art.
#33Cowboy082288Posted 4/10/2014 5:06:51 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

Hey, I think more than a few content creators are on here. Not saying they are in well-known companies (Maybe some?), but i'm sure there are a lot of indie designers. One thing I've found about people in the gaming industry (Mainly just the art side of it, Programmers are more informed :P) is that they don't seem to know much about the computers/tools they use to make their art. They just focus on the art.

But why would they ask for advice here? Where you get random and possibly VERY bad information. Why not just ask someone at work who you know is very informed.

I don't think anyone trying to make models in cryengine or whatever is going to come ask for video card advice on this website.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#34SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 5:07:50 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

But why would they ask for advice here? Where you get random and possibly VERY bad information. Why not just ask someone at work who you know is very informed.

I don't think anyone trying to make models in cryengine or whatever is going to come ask for video card advice on this website.

Phff who needs Cryengine, we have Unreal 4 now! ;D