This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4K 60Hz 1ms Gaming LED Monitor's already at affordable prices

#21JKatarnPosted 4/10/2014 2:40:54 PM
Clouddx posted...
Dirk85UK posted...
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-204-SA&groupid=17&catid=1895

Very nice, it's a shame that it'll take a beast of a setup to play at that resolution and it's a TN panel. >_>

This - it doesn't matter if the panel is affordable, you need a bare minimum of $1000 worth of GPU to game comfortably at that resolution, and even then you're going to need to knock down some settings if you want more performance. Notify me when 4K capable GPUs/monitors are mainstream.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#22OreoBoy206Posted 4/10/2014 2:57:27 PM
KamenRiderBlade posted...
IPS > MVA > TN

I personally feel newer generation MVA panels and IPS are nearly even depending on what you're looking for.. MVA has basically caught up to IPS when it comes to color accuracy and response times but they do still have slightly worse viewing angles.. The MVAs massive contrast ratio (3000:1 - 5000:1) makes up for that short coming though IMO. MVA panels are really overshadowed by the IPS hype, which is a shame but I guess they're pretty rare to find too so that doesn't help either..