This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs on PC will require Uplay

#11QuestofChosenPosted 4/9/2014 3:54:22 PM
Buburibon posted...
Kano92 posted...
Might as well just buy the uPlay version and save myself the hassle of running both Steam & uPlay ?

Save yourself the headache of having to update it through uPlay, and get the Steam version instead.

+1
---
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
#12CELTEKKPosted 4/9/2014 3:58:49 PM
Jesus, I'm sure your 8GB of RAM can handle steam and uplay running simultaneously.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#13TruePowerSeekerPosted 4/9/2014 3:59:37 PM
and the sky is blue

These are things we know.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8
#14Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 3:59:57 PM
So are you guys getting it through Steam or uplay ?
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#15CELTEKKPosted 4/9/2014 4:01:34 PM
if I do get it, it'd be on steam. only reason i ever use uplay is if a game on steam uses it, like ass creed.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#16KillerTrufflePosted 4/9/2014 4:08:30 PM
temgun posted...
Why is this news? It's quite cringe-worthy to see people saying stuff like "omg, uplay=no buy, pirating dis shieet". Like what...

Kano92 posted...
Might as well just buy the uPlay version and save myself the hassle of running both Steam & uPlay ?

What hassle? With any Ubisoft game on Steam, you click on the play button on Steam and the game starts. When you quit the game, you have to click the Quit Uplay. I really don't see how that's somehow intrusive or even a hassle to deal with.

UPlay actually does make it a hassle to run its games sometimes, in that (depending on the game) it will make you push through ads for DLC or microtransactions ("buy this for your game!") to actually start the game.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#17Sora_AnbuPosted 4/9/2014 4:18:10 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
Buburibon posted...
Kano92 posted...

Save yourself the headache of having to update it through uPlay, and get the Steam version instead.

+1

I hated updating a few games through uplay that I'm considering buying them through steam.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#18BuburibonPosted 4/9/2014 4:29:24 PM
Sora_Anbu posted...
QuestofChosen posted...
Buburibon posted...
Kano92 posted...

+1

I hated updating a few games through uplay that I'm considering buying them through steam.

I bought (more like upgraded) all of my uPlay games a second time through Steam during the last Winter sales. In my opinion it's totally worth it.
---
Now Playing: Infamous: Second Son | Assassin's Creed II (PC)
Most Wanted: Dark Souls II (PC) | Watch_Dogs (PC) | Mario Kart 8
#19Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 4:30:16 PM
Why can't ubisoft just let Steam take care of the distribution of the game, why are they getting involved in the distribution part ? I don't get it, am I missing something ?
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#20Logical_OnePosted 4/9/2014 4:39:20 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
temgun posted...
Why is this news? It's quite cringe-worthy to see people saying stuff like "omg, uplay=no buy, pirating dis shieet". Like what...

Kano92 posted...

What hassle? With any Ubisoft game on Steam, you click on the play button on Steam and the game starts. When you quit the game, you have to click the Quit Uplay. I really don't see how that's somehow intrusive or even a hassle to deal with.

UPlay actually does make it a hassle to run its games sometimes, in that (depending on the game) it will make you push through ads for DLC or microtransactions ("buy this for your game!") to actually start the game.

QFT.

Might as well buy it for uPlay directly though because you can get a pretty hefty discount on the pre-order (GetGamesGo and Gamefly Digital--25% and 20% respectively).
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun