This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs on PC will require Uplay

#41Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:10:28 PM
arleas posted...
Kano92 posted...
Why can't ubisoft just let Steam take care of the distribution of the game, why are they getting involved in the distribution part ? I don't get it, am I missing something ?

Because Steam pretty much owns the market and everyone wants a piece of that sweet sweet digital pie. (Yum! 1's and 0's!) I mean, when you sell a game through steam, steam takes a 30% cut, but if you sell through your OWN site, that's 100% yours!

It's also probably partially an "anti-piracy" measure because we all know that everyone on PC is a filthy pirate and wouldn't pay for a game as long as there's a free version available (*Game companies actually think like this*). Of course I'm sure it does absolutely NOTHING to stop pirates, but the execs feel like they're doing Something.

So for added measure the company thinks that by adding a second client on top of steam that it will be more sure they won't get their game ripped off, correct ? I don't currently own any ubisoft titles that have required uplay, this will be my first. I'm still not sure if I should get it through Steam or uplay.

What I don't like about using another clients is that if ubisoft goes under or does not want to use uplay anymore then we will be screwed. I trust Steam to be around for a long time.
---
i5 2500k | ASUS P8P67 | CORSAIR 650W | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 660 | 2TB 7200 RPM | Windows 7 64-bit
#42HELZEROPosted 4/10/2014 5:24:53 PM
I'm going to buy a console just so I dont have to dl Uplay
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling