This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows says my C drive is going bad

#1MrWeStSidePosted 4/10/2014 6:55:41 AM
Hello all, was wondering if there are any good programs to test it? Woke up to the bios screen this morning but it still lets me log on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
#2MonkeymagePosted 4/10/2014 6:59:46 AM
chkdsk
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#3SinisterSlayPosted 4/10/2014 7:03:03 AM(edited)
Your drive has failed a SMART test.
It's probably going to die soon, you should back up everything and replace it immediately.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4MrWeStSide(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 7:16:03 AM
Damn, ya I do remember it saying that when I saw that screen. Thanks. Might as well buy that SSD I have been holding off on. Hope it holds out at least a few days till I get the new one.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 4/10/2014 7:19:24 AM
MrWeStSide posted...
Damn, ya I do remember it saying that when I saw that screen. Thanks. Might as well buy that SSD I have been holding off on. Hope it holds out at least a few days till I get the new one.

If it doesn't make it, you can try freezing it to get a few extra minutes of life.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6xKynOxPosted 4/10/2014 7:27:32 AM
my old laptop has had that error for about 5 years, no need to **** ur pants
#7OUberLordPosted 4/10/2014 7:29:15 AM
I'd back up data immediately all the same. The drive could last for months, and it could last for minutes. I wouldn't wait a couple days if you have any other option.
#8RavenoussdPosted 4/10/2014 10:31:43 AM
xKynOx posted...

lol you, must be lucky, sometimes **** can last longer than you expect..then **** dies way before you expect it to
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzc86ifgf-0
EXPLOSIONS?
#9SinisterSlayPosted 4/10/2014 10:45:58 AM
xKynOx posted...

Ignore this guy, hes trolling.
You should back up your data immediately and be prepared for the drive to fail.
---