This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really hate flash and youtube now...

#1castrejon04Posted 4/10/2014 8:55:26 AM
Since when can a 2.0 ghz Dual Core CPU can no longer handle youtube videos at all? I can't even play 360p videos smoothly anymore. A year ago I was able to play 720p videos without any framedrops.

What are the system requirements to play youtube videos now? Since flash is CPU extensive, how long is it going to be when a quad core below 3.0 Ghz won't be enough anymore?
---
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa
#2SinisterSlayPosted 4/10/2014 8:56:42 AM
Don't use Chrome on youtube, it randomly tries to use the html5 version and they all run slow.

Firefox still works fine on youtube.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3DoramiPosted 4/10/2014 9:03:20 AM
www.youtube.com/html5
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#4DiviDudePosted 4/10/2014 9:03:51 AM
I too have noticed Flash performing increasingly lousy, in Windows XP, Windows 7, and Linux Mint, with both Chrome and Firefox.

Flash needs to just die already. Needed to die a long time ago, frankly.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 4/10/2014 9:05:01 AM
DiviDude posted...
I too have noticed Flash performing increasingly lousy, in Windows XP, Windows 7, and Linux Mint, with both Chrome and Firefox.

Flash needs to just die already. Needed to die a long time ago, frankly.

Yeah, just don't upgrade flash ever, let is stay out dated
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6romsnbombsPosted 4/10/2014 9:12:25 AM(edited)
Has anyone noticed how stuttery or badly encoded some of these flash videos are?

The BBC and other UK broadcasters use flash for videos, and I don't know how they get away with it. I'm just trying to think if I've ever even seen a perfectly smooth video that was flash. What makes me laugh is that you used to be able to download the MP4 from the BBC and it was perfectly smooth. But now they don't let you do that, only the flash videos which stutter like crazy
---
2600k | GTX 780 | P8P67 M Pro | 8GB
#7AsucaHayashiPosted 4/10/2014 10:39:01 AM
seems like lately either the sites have gotten more bloaty or it's just flash itself.

is there an alternative for watching YT or is this just the standard that we'll just have to suck up until something better comes along?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#8zhenghanPosted 4/10/2014 10:46:08 AM
is it flash or is it limelight CDN?
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
#9R i c kPosted 4/10/2014 2:33:52 PM
Dunno what you guys' issue is but my 1080p vids still stream just fine on Firefox with the default YouTube player.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#10snesmaster40Posted 4/10/2014 3:29:17 PM
Webm will save the day.
---
Are we not men?