This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good indie RPG's that released in the past few years?

#31KabtheMentatPosted 4/13/2014 8:42:21 AM
You're suppose to read the topic too, not just the title.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.
#32Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/13/2014 10:52:00 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
dekou posted...
Well, it's not turn-based and is only partially a RPG, but Recettear is great.

Played it, but I can't say I was too fond of it. It's an original idea, but I'm not too fond of the execution and combat.

noimnoturdaddy posted...
Half-Minute Hero 1.

2 is only ok in comparison. And it isn't truly indie, but it's priced like one. If you have a 360 get it there (Arcade), PC port has some issues but still worth playing if you don't have a 360.

Beat the game on the PSP. Mostly a very fun game.

sonic_man00 posted...
http://freebirdgames.com/games/quintessence/

I've never played it, But I here its great.

Also, To The Moon (also by Freebird), Isn't an RPG, But is an RPG Maker game.

Got it from a humble bundle and tried it out... but yes, not an RPG and the story isn't my cup of tea (which is all the game has).

Slayn posted...
Buy a 3ds.

I have one. And it's really not very strong in the RPG department, especially when it comes to turn-based or semi-turn-based goes. And yes, I beat Bravely Default. Decent game, but not that great and it's most certainly not my cravings for a good turn-based or semi-turn-based RPG.

Anyway, I asked on the PC board because I don't need help with RPG's on consoles. At the moment they don't have what I'm looking for (maybe Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2, but I have no access to the game at the moment).

I will be checking out some of the stuff mentioned in this topic I don't know anything about, though not getting my hopes up yet since well... it may not be what I'm looking for.

Not very good n the rpg department the 3ds? If I may just looking at the ones I have now it has fire emblem awakening, pokemon x/y, bravely default, devil survivor overclock, shin megami tensei 4, devil summonses soul hacker god I love the shin megami series. And that's just what I have within 5 feet of me and not counting some really great ds RPGs available like the world ends with you, shin megami tensei strange journey, devil survivor 2, the excellent radiant historia, infinite space to name a few.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#33nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 2:11:05 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Instead of saying indie games, just say you're looking for RPGs with minimalist sub par graphics

I wouldn't mind great graphics, but there's no big budget console-style RPG for the PC. Unless you somehow count Last Remnant. But story & gameplay are far more important.

SilentHawk29 posted...
I don't know if you've played them or not as they are fairly old, but there's Anachronox and Septerra Core.

I really wanted to like those games... but... I just couldn't :(
Tried playing Anachronox 3 times and after 5 or so hours I was just burnt out. Septerra Core even less... :(

Neo_PortaPotty posted...
Not very good n the rpg department the 3ds? If I may just looking at the ones I have now it has fire emblem awakening, pokemon x/y, bravely default, devil survivor overclock, shin megami tensei 4, devil summonses soul hacker god I love the shin megami series. And that's just what I have within 5 feet of me and not counting some really great ds RPGs available like the world ends with you, shin megami tensei strange journey, devil survivor 2, the excellent radiant historia, infinite space to name a few.

I have Fire Emblem: Awakening. While good... compared to previous FE games I played the story is garbage and the map design is crappy. It encourages grinding units to just overpower your enemies with sheer power, rather than strategy. I've been burnt out of Pokemon since after collecting all 493 in Pearl for the DS, Bravely Default... I beat it, but it's not very good and incredibly overrated and I'm not a fan of Atlus games and I don't think they even localized even a single 3DS RPG here in Europe. Also, I said 3DS not DS.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#34Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/13/2014 4:04:35 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
WyzeGye posted...
Instead of saying indie games, just say you're looking for RPGs with minimalist sub par graphics

I wouldn't mind great graphics, but there's no big budget console-style RPG for the PC. Unless you somehow count Last Remnant. But story & gameplay are far more important.

SilentHawk29 posted...
I don't know if you've played them or not as they are fairly old, but there's Anachronox and Septerra Core.

I really wanted to like those games... but... I just couldn't :(
Tried playing Anachronox 3 times and after 5 or so hours I was just burnt out. Septerra Core even less... :(

Neo_PortaPotty posted...

I have Fire Emblem: Awakening. While good... compared to previous FE games I played the story is garbage and the map design is crappy. It encourages grinding units to just overpower your enemies with sheer power, rather than strategy. I've been burnt out of Pokemon since after collecting all 493 in Pearl for the DS, Bravely Default... I beat it, but it's not very good and incredibly overrated and I'm not a fan of Atlus games and I don't think they even localized even a single 3DS RPG here in Europe. Also, I said 3DS not DS.

Which is why I mentioned mostly 3ds games just felt the need to mention ds since it can play them so I consider them part of its overall library also in a few days another 1 is coming out conception 2 but yea if you dislike atlus games though I don't see how it does limit it a bit. Though again you shouldn't disregard the ds library it had some great RPGs.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#35nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 5:34:54 AM
I'm not disregarding the DS libary, but it's not relevant to this discussion. When I say the 3DS doesn't have a great RPG library I mean the 3DS and not the DS. And I'm very familiar with RPG's on pretty much every console & handheld, which is why I'm asking on the PC board if there may be anything that suits my taste.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.