This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you save scum?

#21SpazH3dPosted 4/10/2014 1:27:51 PM
BendoHendo posted...
I do. Always have my fingers on f5 and f9. Oh my party member just got turned to stone? I'll just reload.

Quick saving and loading is not save scumming. You are silly.

If anyone is going to argue that it is, then just remove your hands from your keyboard and hop into bed. Don't care about your definition of it.
---
- My vision is augmented
#22Cactuar512Posted 4/10/2014 1:39:35 PM
FAR more than I care to admit :(
---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#23SteamsterPosted 4/10/2014 1:43:21 PM
SpazH3d posted...
BendoHendo posted...
I do. Always have my fingers on f5 and f9. Oh my party member just got turned to stone? I'll just reload.

Quick saving and loading is not save scumming. You are silly.

If anyone is going to argue that it is, then just remove your hands from your keyboard and hop into bed. Don't care about your definition of it.

Of course it's not inherently save scumming.

But when you do it just to avoid things like a character's death in a game or to guarantee you unlock some locked door or chest without wasting lockpicks, then that's pretty save scummy.
#24Master_BassPosted 4/10/2014 1:44:31 PM
I'm certainly guilty of it. I can be a bit OCD with my games, and if things don't go more or less as I planned, I'll reload.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#25megablue9Posted 4/10/2014 1:47:55 PM
Depends on the game if its a game with choices pretty much save anything before and after that seems relevant
---
3ds FC: 5172-0077-4852
#26Dipfoot20Posted 4/10/2014 1:49:56 PM
I still have nightmares of completing the Water Temple in Ocarina right before a power surge prevents me from saving the game.
---
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af50/benek00/silvarockstar.gif
#27Ness0123456789Posted 4/10/2014 1:52:02 PM
It depends.

I do usually save between battles in WRPGs, and if a fight goes especailly horrible, due to some really stupid choices on my part, or I'm just not happy with how it turned out and felt I could do better, I will reload and redo it.

During the roleplaying sequences, I generally don't save scum on my first play through, unless it's a Bioware RPG, and the dialogue choice didn't reflect at all what I expected my character to say, at which point yeah, I'll reload.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#28DrakillionPosted 4/10/2014 3:07:04 PM
A lot, especially right now in KOTOR 2. I know I did this a lot in XCOM and Valkyria Chronicles. Behind her Blue Flames DLC for VC takes RNG waaaaay too far. I had an enemy dodge Selvaria's attacks 4 times in a row. Seriously, if it wasn't for her, there's no way in hell the Imperial's would be able to conquer part of Gallia.

I did that to for a bit in Fire Emblem: Awakening on Hard-Casual, but half way through Chapter 18, I just couldn't be bothered. If a unit went down, they're sitting it out until the next skirmish.
---
It's funny how No Guard and the absence of it can turn the wimpiest of men into fighting machines and gods of war and destruction into pathetic, big, wimps.
#29PhilOnDezPosted 4/10/2014 3:39:55 PM
I only do it if I'm going for achievements/unlocks. It's pretty rare for me to care about achievements (unless of course they're tied to unlocks) so basically just to get my unlocks.

I have been using save states in Persona 3 FES but not really scummily. I just save at the beginning of a floor like Persona 4 Golden does because the RNG is just a bit too RNG-y at times.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#30arleasPosted 4/10/2014 3:44:52 PM
Oh, not just scum...

http://youtu.be/D3v_ogRaTf4?t=24s
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png