This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do i get google to.....

#1BeerOnTapPosted 4/10/2014 3:33:02 PM
Stop showing the 8 squares displaying my most recent webpages?
#22Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 4/10/2014 3:39:55 PM
I would also like to know. There isn't an option to switch it anymore
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#3SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 3:50:33 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you been lookin' at da bads!!
#4KillerTrufflePosted 4/10/2014 3:59:24 PM
Where does Google show this? Because I've never seen anything like that. Do you have Google set to not remember your history? (I actually don't think I do since I don't bother searching for anything to be concerned about, but still...)

In fact, I *just* opened settings on Google.com, and it still has full settings to disable saving your search history.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5AnatomyHorrorPosted 4/10/2014 4:05:24 PM
No idea what TC's talkin about.
#6KillerTrufflePosted 4/10/2014 4:07:48 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...

You run NoScript or something? I wonder if maybe that's blocking whatever new thing this is? My Google page is just a blank one with the search window, and my results page just lists results. I don't know why results would also include recently visited sites unless they're actually relevant to the search tho... and I don't know how really useful that would be anyway.
---
#7SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 4:10:18 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...

You run NoScript or something? I wonder if maybe that's blocking whatever new thing this is? My Google page is just a blank one with the search window, and my results page just lists results. I don't know why results would also include recently visited sites unless they're actually relevant to the search tho... and I don't know how really useful that would be anyway.

I think they are talking about the default Google Chrome page.
#8KillerTrufflePosted 4/10/2014 4:11:33 PM
So he's talking about Chrome, not Google? It'd help if he had actually said that... :P Sounds like a Chrome issue, not a Google issue.

Adding Chrome to my search found this:

http://www.omgchrome.com/google-removes-new-tab-page-flag/
---
#9SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 4:12:43 PM
I would say switch to Firefox, but I don't like them anymore after they forced the anti-gay guy to quit.
#10KillerTrufflePosted 4/10/2014 4:14:20 PM
Honestly, my problems with Firefox are more that it just hasn't been stable at all lately. Last update or two have really messed up how it handles things, CPU usage gets ridiculously high for just a browser, etc. It's never exactly been efficient, but it's never been this bad...
---