This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird things you do while playing games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird things you do while playing games?

User Info: TheAlmightyCow

TheAlmightyCow
2 years ago#1
So, in this topic we share some weird things we tend to do while playing games.

I'll start with this.

I tend to sometimes turn off the in-game HUD and pretend I'm showcasing a game at E3 and I move slowly while commentating the gameplay in my head.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/gehab
Friend Code (3DS): (3866 - 8210 - 3222) SteamID/PSN: gehab NNID (WiiU): Mr.Gehab

User Info: HELZERO

HELZERO
2 years ago#2
If I get shot in a fps, I shoot myself in the same spot in real life. It's not healthy but it's pretty fun, except for my missing eye part.
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
2 years ago#3
Not really weird, but I listen to random YouTube video's whilst playing games. Unless its very story focused.
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
2 years ago#4
Lol, I don't commentate the game in my head, but I turn off the HUD alot. I love the immersion. In fact, immersion is WHY I play games. They have the ability to immerse us unlike any other form of storytelling or entertainment, and I love it.

A weird thing I do sometimes is turn off the in-game music and leave only the ambient sound/sound effects/voices on. I love music, but it can also be immersion breaking when it's coming from "nowhere". (P.S. I'm also an audio engineer major, so...I like to listen to the audio :D)

TheAlmightyCow
2 years ago#5
HELZERO posted...
If I get shot in a fps, I shoot myself in the same spot in real life. It's not healthy but it's pretty fun, except for my missing eye part.

I'm sooo gonna try this.

Btw, what do I do if I get shot by a rocket launcher in-game?
Friend Code (3DS): (3866 - 8210 - 3222) SteamID/PSN: gehab NNID (WiiU): Mr.Gehab

TheAlmightyCow
2 years ago#6
SythisTaru posted...
Lol, I don't commentate the game in my head, but I turn off the HUD alot. I love the immersion. In fact, immersion is WHY I play games. They have the ability to immerse us unlike any other form of storytelling or entertainment, and I love it.

A weird thing I do sometimes is turn off the in-game music and leave only the ambient sound/sound effects/voices on. I love music, but it can also be immersion breaking when it's coming from "nowhere". (P.S. I'm also an audio engineer major, so...I like to listen to the audio :D)

That's really cool! ;D

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
2 years ago#7
In character action games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow or something, if I die in some stupid way (falling off a cliff etc), I'll say in my head "And our brave Gabriel's story came to an end as he stumbled off a cliff". Something like that atleast.

User Info: SythisTaru

SythisTaru
2 years ago#8
AnatomyHorror posted...
In character action games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow or something, if I die in some stupid way (falling off a cliff etc), I'll say in my head "And our brave Gabriel's story came to an end as he stumbled off a cliff". Something like that atleast.

Lol. Have you played Bastion before? Try running off an edge... :)

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
2 years ago#9
I chew on my tongue when things get intense.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
2 years ago#10
I play my 3ds while playing League of Legends. Usually when playing support, I just AFK in the brush.
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird things you do while playing games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived