This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird things you do while playing games?

#1TheAlmightyCowPosted 4/10/2014 4:19:19 PM
So, in this topic we share some weird things we tend to do while playing games.

I'll start with this.

I tend to sometimes turn off the in-game HUD and pretend I'm showcasing a game at E3 and I move slowly while commentating the gameplay in my head.
---
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/gehab
Friend Code (3DS): (3866 - 8210 - 3222) SteamID/PSN: gehab NNID (WiiU): Mr.Gehab
#2HELZEROPosted 4/10/2014 4:23:56 PM
If I get shot in a fps, I shoot myself in the same spot in real life. It's not healthy but it's pretty fun, except for my missing eye part.
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#3PokenubPosted 4/10/2014 4:24:26 PM
Not really weird, but I listen to random YouTube video's whilst playing games. Unless its very story focused.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#4SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 4:26:13 PM
Lol, I don't commentate the game in my head, but I turn off the HUD alot. I love the immersion. In fact, immersion is WHY I play games. They have the ability to immerse us unlike any other form of storytelling or entertainment, and I love it.

A weird thing I do sometimes is turn off the in-game music and leave only the ambient sound/sound effects/voices on. I love music, but it can also be immersion breaking when it's coming from "nowhere". (P.S. I'm also an audio engineer major, so...I like to listen to the audio :D)
#5TheAlmightyCow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 4:26:41 PM
HELZERO posted...
If I get shot in a fps, I shoot myself in the same spot in real life. It's not healthy but it's pretty fun, except for my missing eye part.

I'm sooo gonna try this.

Btw, what do I do if I get shot by a rocket launcher in-game?
---
Friend Code (3DS): (3866 - 8210 - 3222) SteamID/PSN: gehab NNID (WiiU): Mr.Gehab
#6TheAlmightyCow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 4:27:30 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Lol, I don't commentate the game in my head, but I turn off the HUD alot. I love the immersion. In fact, immersion is WHY I play games. They have the ability to immerse us unlike any other form of storytelling or entertainment, and I love it.

A weird thing I do sometimes is turn off the in-game music and leave only the ambient sound/sound effects/voices on. I love music, but it can also be immersion breaking when it's coming from "nowhere". (P.S. I'm also an audio engineer major, so...I like to listen to the audio :D)

That's really cool! ;D
---
#7AnatomyHorrorPosted 4/10/2014 4:46:15 PM
In character action games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow or something, if I die in some stupid way (falling off a cliff etc), I'll say in my head "And our brave Gabriel's story came to an end as he stumbled off a cliff". Something like that atleast.
#8SythisTaruPosted 4/10/2014 4:58:35 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
In character action games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow or something, if I die in some stupid way (falling off a cliff etc), I'll say in my head "And our brave Gabriel's story came to an end as he stumbled off a cliff". Something like that atleast.

Lol. Have you played Bastion before? Try running off an edge... :)
#9WerdnAndreWPosted 4/10/2014 5:00:32 PM
I chew on my tongue when things get intense.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#10SlaynPosted 4/10/2014 5:03:24 PM
I play my 3ds while playing League of Legends. Usually when playing support, I just AFK in the brush.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.