This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird things you do while playing games?

#21OreoBoy206Posted 4/10/2014 6:32:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3vkyrgeuVI

^^^Has anyone here tried this while gaming yet?
#22lordvushPosted 4/10/2014 6:38:33 PM
Whether I play PC games or console games I always put a pillow on my lap.
---
PSN: Vush
XBL: SHADOW FIEND 75
#23Dukaduka1k82Posted 4/10/2014 8:17:26 PM
For some strange reason, I always am reloading if I play fps games. Also when I don't have to reload I will shoot a bullet just to reload. Strange, now that I actually think about it.
---
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
#24KidInTheHallPosted 4/10/2014 8:31:22 PM
^ Hey everyone! Take a look at this freak!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#25FeomatharPosted 4/10/2014 8:32:18 PM
johnny_pay posted...
for some reason i often lift my tshirt over my mouth and leave it there.

I was thoroughly convinced I was the only one who did this. And yes I have no idea why I do this either though it only happens when I look down, like at a handheld.

Something I've noticed my friend does while playing games though: He'll kind of stick out his tongue like a cat and lick his lips...I joke about it and tell him he's trying to taste victory or some such.
---
"Woman Hitler" is an anagram for Mother-In-Law.
Currently Playing: http://i.imgur.com/xHi9zIq.png, http://i.imgur.com/ePInHET.gif
#26h23456bcaPosted 4/10/2014 8:33:09 PM
If i'm playing a console game I usually do a few reps with a dumbbell while the game is loading, helps me feel not quite so lazy :p

conversely, when i am playing a PC game I pretty much chain smoke the entire time.
---
People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon.
'Cause I get stoned in the morning, and drunk in the afternoon.
#27rpgianPosted 4/10/2014 8:33:16 PM
I fingernail the hard foam stuff on the armrest of the swivel chair when launching/loading. I've reached the hard bottom of it in some spots.
#28the voidPosted 4/10/2014 8:45:03 PM
Sometimes I will, without noticing it, drape one arm over my head so that I'm holding the gamepad near my shoulder. When a friend walks into the room: "why are you sitting like that?" "like what?"
---
Nei - Level 200 Ranger - Scather/Challenger - PSN: the_void__
Ghost - Level 200 Sorcerer - PSN: the_null__
#29dormcastePosted 4/10/2014 8:56:58 PM
Bob and weave.
#30IHeartJessAlbaPosted 4/10/2014 9:12:55 PM
SythisTaru posted...
Lol, I don't commentate the game in my head, but I turn off the HUD alot. I love the immersion. In fact, immersion is WHY I play games. They have the ability to immerse us unlike any other form of storytelling or entertainment, and I love it.

A weird thing I do sometimes is turn off the in-game music and leave only the ambient sound/sound effects/voices on. I love music, but it can also be immersion breaking when it's coming from "nowhere". (P.S. I'm also an audio engineer major, so...I like to listen to the audio :D)

Why? For one, you're listening to an incomplete mix if you eliminate the soundtrack. The levels would all be fried. It's like watching Star Wars without John Williams in it or something. It just seems counterintuitive to me. I get that the only way to really figure out what's going on in a mix is to sort of isolate parts and try and figure out how things are blended together. But it's actually easier to do that with everything else going at once, since that's the end-game, the final result. It doesn't matter what you did to get it to sound X way, so long as it all sounds right together.

Meh, I may be wrong. I come from the soundtrack side of things, where instruments need to blend together for a track mix, and then together with dialogue and effects, and the only way to do that is to hear it all at once. I dunno. I could be talking out my butt lol.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic