This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird things you do while playing games?

#71quanksterPosted 4/11/2014 6:19:14 AM
A lot of butthole clinching whenever I play a racing game and it a close fight for first, playing a platformer, or any other intense moment.
---
GT/ PSN-Quankalizer
#72StilgharPosted 4/11/2014 6:21:51 AM
I've been known to read on my phone's kindle app, with the phone propped up under my monitor, while mining in EvE.

A good book can give me the patience to mine up millions of ISK worth of ores.
---
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
--Sophocles
#73Psalm51Posted 4/11/2014 6:27:18 AM
I find that playing really tough maps/levels with the sound entirely off helps. I did this when playing stronghold maps on Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. Sure, you miss audio cues but the pause and take stock function makes up for that. That, and neighbours are kept sweet too!
---
The first Red Moon is due this month. Two more after that...
#74SpazH3dPosted 4/11/2014 6:30:19 AM
I touch myself.

My facial hair I mean. I like to rub it gently.
---
- My vision is augmented
#75Flaktrooper123Posted 4/11/2014 6:39:32 AM
Unless you call listening to Andrea Bocelli and others while playing BF4 or COD is something odd.
#76PaukenPosted 4/11/2014 7:07:47 AM
I guess I'm weird in that, unlike most people, I don't get mad at people sucking in an online game. So what if the Blue team couldn't capture a flag to save their life; it's just a game, which I'm playing for my own enjoyment. If I'm not enjoying the game, then I just stop playing. This is part of the reason why I don't like most super hard old-school-style games; they stop being fun after the 99th death.

Also, I don't use voice chat except with RL friends. They can just imagine what I sound like, cause I feel very shy about letting random people hear my voice, and honestly on PC text just works better most of the time.

I guess one weird change I make to some games is disabling voice acting if it sucks, or if mods add new stuff that isn't VA'd and thus the mod feels really out of place compared to the original game due to the lack of VA. Certain FPS games feel much better when completely silent, too (seriously Valve, why can't you include a VA toggle for TF2? The visual style and VA just don't mesh well IMO, and because the voice acting cannot have its volume lowered separately from sound, I play it with the sound off completely).

Most games that have the option I turn off the soundtrack after enough of a listen. No one has to hear Duel of the Fates for the billionth time when playing Star Wars Battlefront 2; it may be epic, but it does get tiring after 50 loops. About the only franchise I never turn the music off for is Sonic; very few in-game songs in Sonic games actually get tiring during gameplay, so I usually leave the music on all the time.
#77danger_brandonPosted 4/11/2014 7:07:57 AM
I tend to listen to different vinyl records I own while I play, commentate a friend's playing, or just talk **** the whole time and make random sounds and yell when necessary just to amuse myself.
---
PSN: DangerBrandon
Last Platinum: God of War II; Currently Playing: inFamous 2; In Queue: Mass Effect
#78AltmadragonPosted 4/11/2014 7:09:01 AM
Eat hot wings while trying to play kb/m game.
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#79KidInTheHallPosted 4/11/2014 7:14:18 AM
Jesus....I always knew this board was full of weirdos.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#80KOOGARPosted 4/11/2014 7:20:58 AM
I breathe.
---
Don't read this - it hurts your eyes.