This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Headphone comparison

#11DARQ MXPosted 4/11/2014 11:53:27 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Hot_n_Spicy posted...
m50 are the most overrated headphones ever.

Pretty much, and they're not that great for gaming. SR850 would be my choice as they are more open. The HD 681 EVO isn't a bad choice either. I think they are Semi-open, but they have a lot of favorable reviews.

um that is so subjective it is stupid, I've gamed with them fine with action and sports games, I just played Batman Orgins last week with them and you can hear every punch and thud and it sound amazing. Why don't you actually try them and form your own opinion on them instead of listening to what a couple other people say? They are monitors, so they aren't going to sound the best on every explosion but they have a flat curve and its on purpose so they don't sound like crap with every EQ you adjust.
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#12Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/11/2014 11:54:41 AM
r0ge00 posted...
Hot_n_Spicy posted...

Pretty much, and they're not that great for gaming. SR850 would be my choice as they are more open. The HD 681 EVO isn't a bad choice either. I think they are Semi-open, but they have a lot of favorable reviews.

No that would go to all the idiots that think beats are good. And I'd suggest the Phillips fidelio l1 currently its 122$ on amazon as its discontinued normally its 299$ great headphones.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#13GunmaN1905Posted 4/11/2014 11:59:17 AM
DARQ MX posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Hot_n_Spicy posted...

um that is so subjective it is stupid, I've gamed with them fine with action and sports games, I just played Batman Orgins last week with them and you can hear every punch and thud and it sound amazing. Why don't you actually try them and form your own opinion on them instead of listening to what a couple other people say? They are monitors, so they aren't going to sound the best on every explosion but they have a flat curve and its on purpose so they don't sound like crap with every EQ you adjust.

Every headphones are good in scenarios when sound doesn't affect your performance.
But for example try playing CS without real good surround sound heaphones, having them increases your performance.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#14r0ge00Posted 4/11/2014 12:34:17 PM
DARQ MX posted...

Sorry, didn't think I had to specify competitive gaming. I have tried them. They're decent, but they are a lot of hype. The CAL sounds better IMO for less money. They also aren't monitors. They have a V or U shaped sound signature depending on who you talk to.

Lastly, the Phillips X1 and various Beyerdynamic headphones can be found under $300 and will stomp all over the M50s. If you can find them for under $90 and you're looking for a "fun sounding" closed can for casual use, they're a decent buy. I'd personally suggest the CAL which generally retails for less.
#15Psykic PetrolPosted 4/11/2014 3:01:10 PM
AKG K550? Although having picked up a pair for only 85 (about $140) does add quite a bit of extra value for me personally.
Mind you, some peopel find them uncomfortable to wear for long durations. Keep that in consideration if you're going to look at the K550.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0
#16WyzeGyePosted 4/11/2014 3:02:32 PM
I like my ATH D40FS headphones.

They're going for 50 bucks right now.
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png
#17SlaynPosted 4/11/2014 5:37:25 PM
DARQ MX posted...
Hot_n_Spicy posted...

Not really just the best headphones under $300 bucks.

The Phillips Fidelio X1's would like a word with you.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#18TheWayOfTheGunPosted 4/11/2014 5:43:47 PM
DARQ MX posted...
ATHM50s

Bought a pair 5 years ago and honestly, wasn't impressed with the sound quality. I used for an e-drum setup so I guess it was the lack of bass response that disappointed me.
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#19PraetorXynPosted 4/11/2014 6:48:57 PM
Slayn posted...
DARQ MX posted...
Hot_n_Spicy posted...

Not really just the best headphones under $300 bucks.

The Phillips Fidelio X1's would like a word with you.

As would any number of offerings from Beyer Dynamic, AKG, etc. Hell, right now you can get HiFiMan HE-400's for $299.00 from their website and they would absolutely destroy those.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#20DARQ MXPosted 4/12/2014 4:24:23 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
DARQ MX posted...
ATHM50s

Bought a pair 5 years ago and honestly, wasn't impressed with the sound quality. I used for an e-drum setup so I guess it was the lack of bass response that disappointed me.

THEY ARE MONITORS lol
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS