This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pretty sad that Titanfall is already dead on PC

#31Sora_AnbuPosted 4/12/2014 8:01:16 AM
ThatOneGuysHair posted...
I mean, blacklight retribution is similar to titanfall: futuristic modern fps with typical game modes + mechs. but blacklight has superior weapon/character customization and gunplay, and the game is absolutely free.

... Why have I never heard of this game?!
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#32TropicMoon10Posted 4/12/2014 8:03:14 AM
Asellus posted...
Well, compare it to Battlefield 4 -

PC- 39,675
PS3- 35,275
XBOX360 -14,784
XBOXONE -11,157
PS4- 39,785

- where pc's pretty much a straight up tie with the ps4 version for most players. Is there some reason Titanfall can't find a pc audience?

Is there a reason why it has so much less players on Xbox specifically?
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#33Sora_AnbuPosted 4/12/2014 8:06:17 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Asellus posted...
Well, compare it to Battlefield 4 -

PC- 39,675
PS3- 35,275
XBOX360 -14,784
XBOXONE -11,157
PS4- 39,785

- where pc's pretty much a straight up tie with the ps4 version for most players. Is there some reason Titanfall can't find a pc audience?

Is there a reason why it has so much less players on Xbox specifically?

Because of how many issues the xbone had at the time, like troubles setting up groups... That's the only thing I remember before giving up on that on my friends system before going to NFS rivals.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#34h23456bcaPosted 4/12/2014 9:04:12 AM
I dunno, I've been playing it daily since launch on xbox one, i've never had trouble finding a game, in any game mode, including campaign. Sometimes a game may start 1 or 2 players short, but they pop in eventually. I play late night/early morning, Eastern time.
---
People say I'm no good, crazy as a loon.
'Cause I get stoned in the morning, and drunk in the afternoon.
#35Jprime666Posted 4/12/2014 9:13:29 AM
Sadly I don't think Titanfall will have staying power for most players. I think getting towards the end the second prestige(forget what they call it) and I'm getting kind of bored with it.

Compared to something like Battlefield, it seems to have a lot less to offer. Which is probably why doesn't have the same staying power. I'd say even a typical Call of Duty game has more staying power.
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#36cody4783Posted 4/12/2014 9:13:56 AM
I can still find matches without much of a problem any time I fire it up.

They've been messing around with new matchmaking options, which *attempts* to do a better job at matching players based on recent "skill"/performance, so the matchmaking has slowed down significantly since they set that feature in motion. But it still finds games no less.

I will say my interest in the game has died down a fair bit. Was fun at first, but it's a lot of the same-ol'-same-ol whenever you jump in. Good for a few matches here and there, but not something I stick with for hours at a time; I regen'd once, and probably won't even do that again, seeing as starting from scratch kinds sucked.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#37Surprise_CactusPosted 4/12/2014 9:27:15 AM
drink posted...
Everyone is sleep from playing Titanfall last night. Most games are dead in the morning.

This. I was playing Titanfall until 3AM last night. Just woke up. Feels good man
---
The Windmill the Second is not just for show!
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9106/windmill2ndshl.jpg
#38_NeroZero_Posted 4/12/2014 9:31:05 AM(edited)
Sora_Anbu posted...
I mean, blacklight retribution is similar to titanfall: futuristic modern fps with typical game modes + mechs. but blacklight has superior weapon/character customization and gunplay, and the game is absolutely free.

Because it's not "omgomg COD shooter dudebro gaem" Microsoft advertisement. Do you see how many good games never get famous, simply because some huge company does not want those to be known, and instead promote things like Titanfall?

Titanfall is literally Blacklight with jetpacks and COD gameplay. Blacklight is geared towards a Battlefield-ish gameplay with small maps, where you absolutely need to learn how to play correctly if you do not want to be destroyed every single time - things like corner trapping, crouching while firing, teamwork, etc.

Unlocking items is a bit of a chore, though - you pay to unlock items for a set amount of time (X days) with the in-game currency. I have never played a lot and I do not know if you gain points more often on later levels, but to unlock an item permanently, you must pay a huge amount of points, or use real-life money. You can also gain "item drops" as key chains for your guns (An assault rifle with a duck keychain? Do want!), although not nearly as generous as, say, Team Fortress 2.

The problem with Blacklight is that it requires skill. Either you learn how to play properly and wipe the floor with your enemies - expect to die a LOT on your journey to veteran - or you quit after two days because everyone else is better than you. Overall, if you can cope with the game's structure, it will be a lot of fun.

Why does nobody know about this? It's not a "pew-pew-pew run n' gun and simply shoot anything that moves" in which a newbie with a shotgun can clear out maps with ease. But it's completely FREE on Steam, so there is no reason at all for not giving it a try.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Blacklight even has the Mech system (Hardsuits) that Titanfall "borrowed" from it. The difference is that you can only summon Hardsuits with combat points you gain by killing enemies and the like, and they're not as extreme as Titanfall mechs (Go down too quickly, or never go down). They're somewhat slow, but powerful - play it safe, throw grenades from afar or be killed. Guess what? You need skill to gain points to call in Hardsuits with. Another example of how much skill Blacklight requires, and why it's not popular.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#39Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/12/2014 9:28:30 AM
_NeroZero_ posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...

Because it's not "omgomg COD shooter dudebro gaem" Microsoft advertisement. Do you see how many good games never get famous, simply because some huge company does not want those to be known, and instead promote things like Titanfall?

Titanfall is literally Blacklight with jetpacks and COD gameplay. Blacklight is geared towards a Battlefield-ish gameplay with small maps, where you absolutely need to learn how to play correctly if you do not want to be destroyed every single time - things like corner trapping, crouching while firing, teamwork, etc.

Unlocking items is a bit of a chore, though - you pay to unlock items for a set amount of time (X days) with the in-game currency. I have never played a lot and I do not know if you gain points more often on later levels, but to unlock an item permanently, you must pay a huge amount of points, or use real-life money. You can also gain "item drops" as key chains for your guns (An assault rifle with a duck keychain? Do want!), although not nearly as generous as, say, Team Fortress 2.

The problem with Blacklight is that it requires skill. Either you learn how to play properly and wipe the floor with your enemies - expect to die a LOT on your journey to veteran - or you quit after two days because everyone else is better than you. Overall, if you can cope with the game's structure, it will be a lot of fun.

Why does nobody know about this? It's not a "pew-pew-pew run n' gun and simply shoot anything that moves" in which a newbie with a shotgun can clear out maps with ease. But it's completely FREE on Steam, so there is no reason at all for not giving it a try.

It's advertised on TV a lot actually
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#40KabtheMentatPosted 4/12/2014 9:30:16 AM
WTF are you talking about. Blacklight is so CoD-like it's ridiculous. And it's basically pay 2 win.

Blacklight and Titanfall are only similar in that they are FPS games with mechs. Gameplay is much different.
---
Yeeaah...Somebody must've killed Darryl. Cuz that's what the guy had said.