This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Pretty sad that Titanfall is already dead on PC

#41_NeroZero_Posted 4/12/2014 8:33:17 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
_NeroZero_ posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...
ThatOneGuysHair posted...
I mean, blacklight retribution is similar to titanfall: futuristic modern fps with typical game modes + mechs. but blacklight has superior weapon/character customization and gunplay, and the game is absolutely free.

... Why have I never heard of this game?!

Because it's not "omgomg COD shooter dudebro gaem" Microsoft advertisement. Do you see how many good games never get famous, simply because some huge company does not want those to be known, and instead promote things like Titanfall?

Titanfall is literally Blacklight with jetpacks and COD gameplay. Blacklight is geared towards a Battlefield-ish gameplay with small maps, where you absolutely need to learn how to play correctly if you do not want to be destroyed every single time - things like corner trapping, crouching while firing, teamwork, etc.

Unlocking items is a bit of a chore, though - you pay to unlock items for a set amount of time (X days) with the in-game currency. I have never played a lot and I do not know if you gain points more often on later levels, but to unlock an item permanently, you must pay a huge amount of points, or use real-life money. You can also gain "item drops" as key chains for your guns (An assault rifle with a duck keychain? Do want!), although not nearly as generous as, say, Team Fortress 2.

The problem with Blacklight is that it requires skill. Either you learn how to play properly and wipe the floor with your enemies - expect to die a LOT on your journey to veteran - or you quit after two days because everyone else is better than you. Overall, if you can cope with the game's structure, it will be a lot of fun.

Why does nobody know about this? It's not a "pew-pew-pew run n' gun and simply shoot anything that moves" in which a newbie with a shotgun can clear out maps with ease. But it's completely FREE on Steam, so there is no reason at all for not giving it a try.

It's advertised on TV a lot actually

Wait, really? I don't live in the USA, so I don't know, but ain't it a bit weird how it's still not common in the Internet? I would have never known about it if I had not checked the F2P section on Steam back in the day.

...The world never ceases to surprise me.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#42wizardmonPosted 4/12/2014 8:33:46 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
And it's basically pay 2 win

Never the mind that some of the best ranking players in the game use the default assault rifle.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#43AsucaHayashiPosted 4/12/2014 8:35:46 AM
i bet on Xbox One i could find a match

obviously since they don't have s*** to play which means the millions of xbone gamers are being funneled towards titanfall.

i call it the halo effect.

the difference is that titanfall on PC will probably be somewhat active indefinitely while the console version will be a wasteland once the next big thing comes along.

getting it on PC was not a mistake.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#44Xeeh_BitzPosted 4/12/2014 8:42:49 AM
_NeroZero_ posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
_NeroZero_ posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...
ThatOneGuysHair posted...
I mean, blacklight retribution is similar to titanfall: futuristic modern fps with typical game modes + mechs. but blacklight has superior weapon/character customization and gunplay, and the game is absolutely free.

... Why have I never heard of this game?!

Because it's not "omgomg COD shooter dudebro gaem" Microsoft advertisement. Do you see how many good games never get famous, simply because some huge company does not want those to be known, and instead promote things like Titanfall?

Titanfall is literally Blacklight with jetpacks and COD gameplay. Blacklight is geared towards a Battlefield-ish gameplay with small maps, where you absolutely need to learn how to play correctly if you do not want to be destroyed every single time - things like corner trapping, crouching while firing, teamwork, etc.

Unlocking items is a bit of a chore, though - you pay to unlock items for a set amount of time (X days) with the in-game currency. I have never played a lot and I do not know if you gain points more often on later levels, but to unlock an item permanently, you must pay a huge amount of points, or use real-life money. You can also gain "item drops" as key chains for your guns (An assault rifle with a duck keychain? Do want!), although not nearly as generous as, say, Team Fortress 2.

The problem with Blacklight is that it requires skill. Either you learn how to play properly and wipe the floor with your enemies - expect to die a LOT on your journey to veteran - or you quit after two days because everyone else is better than you. Overall, if you can cope with the game's structure, it will be a lot of fun.

Why does nobody know about this? It's not a "pew-pew-pew run n' gun and simply shoot anything that moves" in which a newbie with a shotgun can clear out maps with ease. But it's completely FREE on Steam, so there is no reason at all for not giving it a try.

Wait, really? I don't live in the USA, so I don't know, but ain't it a bit weird how it's still not common in the Internet? I would have never known about it if I had not checked the F2P section on Steam back in the day.

...The world never ceases to surprise me.

I'm mistaken, I thought you was referring to Titanfall, F2Read on my part.,
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#45ThePonyColliePosted 4/12/2014 8:53:11 AM
Good riddance. Next time, they should consider Steam.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#46AirTeasePosted 4/12/2014 8:58:13 AM
I play nearly every day and never have trouble finding a match. Might be because I mainly play attrition though.
#47ArthasRebornPosted 4/12/2014 9:40:51 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Is it really? Back when I had cable, I never saw a single advertisement for the game. The only reason I even knew about it was because a friend told me to play it with her.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#48Pawkie07Posted 4/12/2014 10:11:05 AM
Origin only on PC. That alone kills the numbers. There are many ppl out there that boycott Origin and will refuse to use and let that spyware on there computer. I being one of them.
#49JrTapia1991Posted 4/12/2014 10:12:56 AM
I think Titanfall is really overrated, I played the beta on 1080p maxed out and wasn't impressed at all

I agree with the others that said it's just a dudebro shooter for the audience that only buys COD and Madden and likes to call themselves gamers. I literally know many people who think they're gamers just from playing COD 24-7 and I just sigh...

anyway, the whole POS BF4 on PC fiasco has burned me out pretty much from online shooters.
---
3570k@4.2ghz|Z77 Asrock Extreme4m|Sapphire HD7950 boost|16gb ram 1333mhz|840 250gb SSD|1tb/2tb 7200 HDDs|Corsair HX750w|Asus 1080p 2ms|G400|CM Elite 430
#50OldSorrowPosted 4/12/2014 10:13:12 AM
Titanfall is overrated. That's why it is dead.
---
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.