This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games that work on a crappy PC?

#11ClouddxPosted 4/12/2014 7:45:00 PM
pwnater777 posted...
The original Fallout games, if you can find them somewhere. I personally have a physical copy of Fallout 2, so I'm no help for that.

They're on Steam. =D
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12pwnater777Posted 4/12/2014 7:46:34 PM
Clouddx posted...
pwnater777 posted...
The original Fallout games, if you can find them somewhere. I personally have a physical copy of Fallout 2, so I'm no help for that.

They're on Steam. =D

They're back up? Last I checked, they were still MIA.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#13ClouddxPosted 4/12/2014 7:50:53 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Clouddx posted...
pwnater777 posted...

They're on Steam. =D

Ohh wow, when did they take them down?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#14PhilOnDezPosted 4/12/2014 7:55:14 PM
I've been hooked on FTL all week. I imagine it'll run on anything.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15pwnater777Posted 4/12/2014 7:56:23 PM
Clouddx posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Clouddx posted...
pwnater777 posted...

They're on Steam. =D

Ohh wow, when did they take them down?

I believe sometime last year or 2012, with not much word at all about when they'll be re-added.

It makes me sad.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#16jokujokujokuPosted 4/12/2014 7:57:26 PM
Marikhen posted...
Drox Operative
- Last I checked only the core game is available through Steam. You'd have to buy the expansion through the developer's site, and I don't know how that would interact with a Steam purchase of the original game.

The expansion released on Steam in the beginning of March, two weeks after the base game's release.

Always nice to see someone other than me recommend a Soldak game.
#17Pal 080Posted 4/12/2014 8:00:32 PM(edited)
PhilOnDez posted...
I've been hooked on FTL all week. I imagine it'll run on anything.

Came here to say FTL, that game is incredible!

Also X:Com enemy Unknown/Within, should be able to run on anything that runs Valve games.
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#18pwnater777Posted 4/12/2014 8:07:59 PM
Can someone give me a quick, couple-of-sentences summary of FTL? Looks interesting.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
#19PhilOnDezPosted 4/12/2014 8:16:43 PM
You're the captain of a federation ship and you have to deliver information vital to taking down the rebellion is the plot. You have full control of a ship and crew and you jump between stars making your way towards the federation base. Each star has a randomly generated event that you have to deal with before you can move to the next one. Events typically reward resources if successful and you'll need that to purchase new parts/systems and to upgrade your current parts.

I'm still pretty new to it so I won't go into detail on the gameplay since there's a lot to it I still don't know (played 16 games, beaten it twice on easy). You have a lot of options though, boarding parties, pure defense and attrition, reckless offense, however you want to do it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#20pwnater777Posted 4/12/2014 8:25:00 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
You're the captain of a federation ship and you have to deliver information vital to taking down the rebellion is the plot. You have full control of a ship and crew and you jump between stars making your way towards the federation base. Each star has a randomly generated event that you have to deal with before you can move to the next one. Events typically reward resources if successful and you'll need that to purchase new parts/systems and to upgrade your current parts.

I'm still pretty new to it so I won't go into detail on the gameplay since there's a lot to it I still don't know (played 16 games, beaten it twice on easy). You have a lot of options though, boarding parties, pure defense and attrition, reckless offense, however you want to do it.

Well, that sounds amazing for the price. Thank you.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."