This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for help on getting a new gaming laptop!

#1nimatoda666Posted 4/12/2014 8:16:54 PM
Hey guys i am looking for a new laptop for my birthday so i figured i should start here! If you were to get the best gaming laptop under 2 thousand dollars what would you go with and if you have time, why? We each have different preferences so if i get some good pros and cons that would be awesome, thanks!

All help is appreciated, and yes i do want a laptop so please dont say get a desktop computer lol.
---
We all share the miracle of Life, so ENJOY IT! The Book of Mormon changed my life, i believe it will change yours. Pray.Share love.Cry.Think.Laugh. LDS.org!
#2ClouddxPosted 4/12/2014 8:27:43 PM(edited)
I'd go with something like this: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8258s-clevo-p157sma-p-6989.html

I know you want a laptop, but you have to understand they cost much more than desktops for much less performance. They also will not last nearly as long as a desktop. They get extremely hot, and cooling on most of them is a huge problem.

IMO, I'd go with a cheap laptop for school/work and get a desktop for gaming at home. I have a netbook as well as my desktop and I play a ton of indie/older games on my netbook while at work. When I come home I have my desktop which can play almost any game on the highest settings(sans AA). Like I said tho, that's just my opinion.

You could get a $1k laptop and it'll play almost every game out there at decent settings, then you can spend the other $1k on a desktop computer that will play almost anything on the highest settings.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#3nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 9:38:15 PM
That does look pretty good, anyone else? Thanks for the advice, right now i have a pretty decent alienware laptop so i am used to the heating issue. It is a few years old and starting to wear down and with my birthday coming up an upgrade would be very nice. I was thinking about getting a good desktop but really i like watching netflix while gaming and being able to spend time with family instead of being locked up in my bedroom as well as being able to dorm during the regular week at college.

Thanks for the advice and the suggestion though, i look forward to anyone else suggesting sexy laptops!
---
We all share the miracle of Life, so ENJOY IT! The Book of Mormon changed my life, i believe it will change yours. Pray.Share love.Cry.Think.Laugh. LDS.org!
#42Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 4/12/2014 9:44:55 PM
I second the Sager. The CPU and GPU seem to be able the best you can get for a laptop at the moment and the price is good.
---
3DS: 5472-7481-8922
#5nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 9:54:02 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I second the Sager. The CPU and GPU seem to be able the best you can get for a laptop at the moment and the price is good.

Sounds pretty good, i will give this about 24 more hours to make sure and try and get a consensus but thanks to both of you!
---
#6bradley_michaelPosted 4/13/2014 2:56:02 AM
Ya, that sager's top of the line. The MSI GS60 Ghost Pro has the next step down CPU and GPU , but it's very thin and light if you care about that. http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gs60-ghostpro052-preorder-p-7068.html
#7nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 7:54:44 AM
Yes the Sager does indeed look to be the one! Thanks guys :) Anyone other suggestions just in case? I dont mind the little extra weight for superior performance
---
#8MirageVXPosted 4/13/2014 8:26:00 AM
I have the MSI GE70, the one with GTX 765M, for about $1400 or so including tax on NCIX
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152405
---
I5 2500K | GIGABYTE Z68MA | 8GB PATRIOT | 1TB WD C.BLACK | EVGA GTX570HD | HAF 932 | OCZ PSU 700W | LG 22" @ 1920X1080 | WIN7 64BIT
#9pitt12177Posted 4/13/2014 9:14:59 AM
No more suggestions for you. Go away gaming laptop peasant.
#10nimatoda666(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 9:34:24 AM
pitt12177 posted...
No more suggestions for you. Go away gaming laptop peasant.

Lawlz sorry man that I travel and go to college so I need something that can travel with me. I guess if there are no more suggestions then I will go with the sager since price is not really an issue and I assume it's better then the 1400 one.
---