This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Probably a weird question but...anyway to output a GTX 770 to an S-video CRT TV?

#11ClouddxPosted 4/12/2014 9:26:32 PM
Unsugarized_Foo posted...
wheepitup posted...
Solemnity posted...
ITT: someone who doesn't know how to enable scanlines and other post-processing "retro" effects in his emulators

ITT: Someone who doesn't know that's not the same at all.

Yeah, I concur its nothing similar.

But do you have integrated graphics with VGA? I'd just turn that on and use that. It should work for everything minus Dreamcast and maybe PS2.

What would using VGA do?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12wheepitup(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 9:32:35 PM
wheepitup posted...
Solemnity posted...
ITT: someone who doesn't know how to enable scanlines and other post-processing "retro" effects in his emulators

But do you have integrated graphics with VGA? I'd just turn that on and use that. It should work for everything minus Dreamcast and maybe PS2.

Unfortunately I wanna use the PS2 emulator to play Forbidden Siren 2 EU, which i've never gotten to play up until now. I will probably go that DVI>vga>svideo route.

And yea it's really nothing similar, i mean old school filters on emulators are pretty cool but look nothing like a good, crisp, CRT display does. It's just a purist type of thing. So you feel like you are playing the games on an actual 80's and 90's style setup.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter | http://www.twitch.tv/hauntedkrist | PC - i5 4670k (OC 4.2 ghz), GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB Secondary
#13Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/12/2014 9:45:36 PM
wheepitup posted...
wheepitup posted...
Solemnity posted...

Unfortunately I wanna use the PS2 emulator to play Forbidden Siren 2 EU, which i've never gotten to play up until now. I will probably go that DVI>vga>svideo route.

And yea it's really nothing similar, i mean old school filters on emulators are pretty cool but look nothing like a good, crisp, CRT display does. It's just a purist type of thing. So you feel like you are playing the games on an actual 80's and 90's style setup.

Meh emulator lacks one of the best parts of retro consoles though changing the cartridges :) I love that so much and some minor and easy work with a soldering iron and you can install a battery holder so you can easily change batteries when they die :)
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#14-CJF-Posted 4/12/2014 9:59:51 PM
Even if you output to your CRT TV it won't be quite right. Those games ran in resolutions such as 240p which modern video cards can't output. The closest you will get is using a Wii since it can output 240p.

There is also a special video card you can buy called an ArcadeVGA. It was designed for hobbyists who build arcade/mame machines but it allows you to output those resolutions.
#15wheepitup(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 10:06:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16wheepitup(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 10:10:27 PM(edited)
-CJF- posted...
Even if you output to your CRT TV it won't be quite right. Those games ran in resolutions such as 240p which modern video cards can't output. The closest you will get is using a Wii since it can output 240p.

There is also a special video card you can buy called an ArcadeVGA. It was designed for hobbyists who build arcade/mame machines but it allows you to output those resolutions.

True, but I will settle for outputting at 640x480, it's close enough for me.

As far as this ArcadeVGA card, that wont be powerful enough for me to emulate the PS2 anyways right? Or is it a bridge between your main GPU just to output at proper resolutions?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/decayedmatter | http://www.twitch.tv/hauntedkrist | PC - i5 4670k (OC 4.2 ghz), GTX 770 2 GB, 8 GB Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB Secondary
#17Unsugarized_FooPosted 4/12/2014 11:32:02 PM
Its a really specific video card for a die-hards art dream. Last I checked, it wasn't too strong
---
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
#18WerdnAndreWPosted 4/13/2014 1:41:43 AM
wheepitup posted...

That is not going to work, you need a converter box to go from DVI or VGA to Svideo.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#19-CJF-Posted 4/13/2014 7:13:45 AM
ArcadeVGA could probably handle PS2 emulation at native resolutions. Emulation is mostly CPU intensive and since you want to output native it shouldn't be much of a strain on the GPU. ArcadeVGA is not a bridge between GPUs, it's an entire GPU. I remember reading that ArcadeVGA should handle SSF4 @ 60fps or so.
#20wheepitup(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2014 11:09:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]