This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which PC game is currently the most played/most popular?

#11Joni_CunninghamPosted 4/13/2014 2:03:48 PM
LoL and WoW easily

pwnater777 posted...
Can't wait for MOBAs to get phased out. It seems like every one of them is the same, just re-skinned.

not gonna happen
---
It's so erotic when your makeup runs
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#12pwnater777Posted 4/13/2014 2:06:25 PM
Joni_Cunningham posted...
LoL and WoW easily

pwnater777 posted...
Can't wait for MOBAs to get phased out. It seems like every one of them is the same, just re-skinned.

not gonna happen

One can hope. I really don't want them to stick around like Call of Duty has on consoles.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#13Majoras_pantsPosted 4/13/2014 2:06:32 PM
pwnater777 posted...

You've obviously never played them, if you think they're all the same.

And if you're not playing them, why would you care if they live or die?
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#14pwnater777Posted 4/13/2014 2:09:49 PM
Majoras_pants posted...
pwnater777 posted...

I have, and from what I've played of League of Legends comparing that to watching streams of other MOBAs, they are all generally the same. Plus, it gets incredibly boring to see the same games at the top of the Twitch streaming lists every day.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#15DetectivPenguinPosted 4/13/2014 2:14:14 PM
Mr Hangman posted...
You can get an idea based on these:

Top games among Xfire users:
http://www.xfire.com/games

/

CoD4 and Cod2 are both in the top 5. Idk if thats the best place to go to get accurate list of what most PC gamers are playing.
---
Now you can see the importance of time!
It helps us make pizzer and keep things in line.
#16ClouddxPosted 4/13/2014 2:18:34 PM
DetectivPenguin posted...
Mr Hangman posted...
You can get an idea based on these:

Top games among Xfire users:
http://www.xfire.com/games

/

CoD4 and Cod2 are both in the top 5. Idk if thats the best place to go to get accurate list of what most PC gamers are playing.

Deftly not the best place, there's over 100k people playing CS:GO daily and it only shows 5k on that website.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#17TropicMoon10Posted 4/13/2014 2:20:17 PM
Half a million people playing Dota 2 at the moment... What the...
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#18Pal 080Posted 4/13/2014 2:23:19 PM(edited)
CoD is surprisingly popular on PC, though I've always thought of it more as a console shooter. The top games on PC are always strategy games though, from MOBA to MMO to RTS and Grand Strategy (Civ and Total War games in particular), with some shooters mixed in there, consistently CoD and Counter Strike over the last many years.

But there are a ton of games out there with sizeable and dedicated communities. I'm rarely playing any of the top multiplayer games on the list and the games I play still have decent community sizes.

MOBA's seem to be destroying pretty much every these days though (LoL and DOTA 2 in particular)... and World of Tanks..?
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#19DarkLagunaPosted 4/13/2014 2:43:29 PM
I don't see what people have against certain genre of games. Personally I find sports games and First Person Shooters (i.e. most of the college kids mainstream games) to be boring, but I don't wish they'd die. What other people find fun shouldn't bother you at all, and you shouldn't try to force other people to conform to your idea of fun.

And sure, every game in a genre has a lot of similarities; MOBA's all follow the same basic formula, but the same can be said of FPS's, RTS's, JRPG's, etc. That's the entire reason they're classified as a genre. There's still horrible games and great games in every genre, even if they all follow the same formula.

As for the topic title, MOBA's are still up at the top right now, but they'll slowly die down. I think the reason they're so popular is that they're bringing the whole videogames as a sport idea much more mainstream than it was in the past, and you've got plenty of people who have overreaching dreams of being a professional gamer. It's also opened the door for a lot of webcast players who may or may not be at the top of their game, but they have the personality to get followers regardless. All in all, it's good for the gaming industry, even if you don't like MOBA's.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#20Majoras_pantsPosted 4/13/2014 4:30:28 PM
pwnater777 posted...
Majoras_pants posted...
pwnater777 posted...

I have, and from what I've played of League of Legends comparing that to watching streams of other MOBAs, they are all generally the same. Plus, it gets incredibly boring to see the same games at the top of the Twitch streaming lists every day.

"I know tens of millions of people love these games, but I wish they'd die so I didn't have to look a little deeper for twitch streams of other games"
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer