This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I built a PC on eCollagePC and would love to have it reviewed.

#21CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:27:05 PM
That's a good idea Shub, thank you.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#22bkkorpsPosted 4/14/2014 6:32:03 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
I'm willing to overpay if it's a decent gaming machine, is it?

that is just illogical. what you are overpaying can be directly associated with the service of them putting the PC together for you. the real question should be is that extra money worth it compared to assembling it yourself.
---
Religion is like circumcision. If you wait until someone is 21 to tell them about it, they probably won't be interested.
#23PhilOnDezPosted 4/14/2014 6:32:08 PM
The 650ti and 750ti are pretty comparable. The 750ti is a bit faster but the big deal with it was how little power it used, 60w on the reference model.

If you can get a 660 it'll be a lot faster than either of those plus it'll have a 192bit memory interface (vs 128) which helps a -lot- at 1080p, not to mention the increased power. They've been on sale for $150 recently which will be a lot cheaper than ECPC will charge for anything comparable. Even if you have the rest done by them I'd do the card yourself, depending on your case it's literally plop it into a PCIe slot, lock the tab, screw it to the case, plug in the power, done. You can do it with just a thumb and forefinger if you get a tooless case.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#24CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:35:58 PM
Yeah, I'm comfortable putting in a Graphics Card myself, so what you're saying is don't order the card and just pick one up somewhere else cheaper?
---
#25CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:40:32 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
The 650ti and 750ti are pretty comparable. The 750ti is a bit faster but the big deal with it was how little power it used, 60w on the reference model.

If you can get a 660 it'll be a lot faster than either of those plus it'll have a 192bit memory interface (vs 128) which helps a -lot- at 1080p, not to mention the increased power. They've been on sale for $150 recently which will be a lot cheaper than ECPC will charge for anything comparable. Even if you have the rest done by them I'd do the card yourself, depending on your case it's literally plop it into a PCIe slot, lock the tab, screw it to the case, plug in the power, done. You can do it with just a thumb and forefinger if you get a tooless case.

So Phil, what do you think of the build, you've been really helpful and level headed, so I'd love to know if you think it's a viable gaming machine, entry level apparently, but it will still work, right?
---
#26QuestofChosenPosted 4/14/2014 6:44:18 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

So Phil, what do you think of the build, you've been really helpful and level headed, so I'd love to know if you think it's a viable gaming machine, entry level apparently, but it will still work, right?

I'm surprised no one has asked but what games are you planning on playing?
---
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
#27CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 6:50:17 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

I'm surprised no one has asked but what games are you planning on playing?

Mostly just things like Skyrim, Minecraft, I may dabble in a few newer games, Watchdogs looks impressive, and I hope I can run that even on lower settings. I'm slowly trying to become an Exclusively PC gamer and I figured having a good starting Gaming PC would be the place to start.
---
#28Sora_AnbuPosted 4/14/2014 7:23:18 PM(edited)
... Why not just build your own? You'll save about... $150 which you could put on a good GPU, rather than having a barely possible one.
The cpu is kinda trash, I'm an Intel fan, but for amd it's go big or go home.
GPU... If you want to play watch dogs get at least a 660 ti or 760... More power to the 770 though, awesome price for a powerful card.

If you game at 1080 then anything over 2gb of vram is wasted...
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#29CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 7:37:31 PM(edited)
Man, I'm really bad at this whole computer thing, I'm pretty much scared away from it at this point.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I couldn't even run watch dogs with that set up.
---
#30Jprime666Posted 4/14/2014 7:42:48 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
Man, I'm really bad at this whole computer thing, I'm pretty much scared away from it at this point.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I couldn't even run watch dogs with that set up.

Go with what bkkorps posted a couple pages back.
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!