This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I built a PC on eCollagePC and would love to have it reviewed.

#31CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 7:44:29 PM
So are you guys sure the GeForce GTX 750Ti will work on my set up?
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#32Jprime666Posted 4/14/2014 7:44:58 PM
Yes
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#33CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 7:45:24 PM
Jprime666 posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
Man, I'm really bad at this whole computer thing, I'm pretty much scared away from it at this point.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I couldn't even run watch dogs with that set up.

Go with what bkkorps posted a couple pages back.

Does that just send me the parts and I have to build it?
---
#34Jprime666Posted 4/14/2014 7:47:07 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
Jprime666 posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
Man, I'm really bad at this whole computer thing, I'm pretty much scared away from it at this point.

Edit: Wow, I can't believe I couldn't even run watch dogs with that set up.

Go with what bkkorps posted a couple pages back.

Does that just send me the parts and I have to build it?

You'd have to put it together. You could try making one with ecollegepc using the parts he posted.
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#35CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 7:48:10 PM
So what's the biggest issue with my build now that I'm using a 750, that CPU was one that was suggest to me earlier here, now suddenly it's trash?
---
#36CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 7:59:39 PM
So why is that CPU Trash, I keep hearing things like that thrown around but no one ever explains.
---
#37PhilOnDezPosted 4/14/2014 8:12:43 PM(edited)
That CPU is okay if you're working with a 5-600 dollar budget. You're not though and if you play around with parts you can easily get an i5. The 4570 is great for the price and more than most people will need for quite some time. If you have to, drop down to a single 4 gig stick of ram for now, 99% of games can't even address that much ram, and of the handful that can maybe one actually benefits (BF4 is the only one I know of), you'll just have to make sure you don't leave 30 tabs open in chrome or something. When you're able to afford the upgrade you can just grab another stick of the same ram and pop it in, aside from USB addons it's literally the easiest thing in a PC to upgrade.

E: And as to the reason why the i5 is better, core for core it's about 45% faster. In an ideal situation where every thread was evenly loaded the 6300 would come out a hair ahead. No game runs like that though so fewer strong cores tends to trump a lot of weak cores, especially if you're playing games from this previous console gen where 90+% of games ran on 2 cores (and 99.9% of games prior ran on one).
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#38CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 8:14:04 PM(edited)
On that prebuilt list, got any suggestions on a good Motherboard?

So which board on http://www.ecollegepc.com/amd-athlon-phenom.html would you suggest?
---
#39CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2014 8:44:41 PM(edited)
Sorry, I meant which CPU from this list would you suggest, I'm so confused and flustered right now, I can't even keep the parts straight. Please stop suggesting things that aren't available to me on that list. I'm not even sure if the things you guys suggest are compatible or if I even know how to put a CPU in.

Edit: Maybe my question wasn't clear enough in that post. "What from that list on http://www.ecollegepc.com/amd-athlon-phenom.html would make a good CPU since the one I picked wasn't a good choice?"
---
#40Sora_AnbuPosted 4/14/2014 8:49:23 PM(edited)
First click back into Intel custom builds.
I doubt you'll be over clocking so... Whatever motherboard is cheapest with the features you want/need?

Have you ever played with legos? Have you ever screwed a screw into anything? If you've done both of those, you can build a computer.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack