This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the S.T.AL.K.E.R. games?

#1BigB0ss13Posted 4/14/2014 6:43:13 PM
Also which order should I play them?
#2CatToyPosted 4/14/2014 6:50:49 PM
All good. Play them in order of release to appreciate the changes.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3SlaynPosted 4/14/2014 6:51:49 PM
I swear this topic comes up twice weekly now.

Makes me really want to buy it... waiting for the Steam sale.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#4XialohPosted 4/14/2014 6:53:41 PM(edited)
I bought them all like 2 or 3 years ago or something...haven't played a single one yet.
---
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
#5CatToyPosted 4/14/2014 6:54:17 PM
Bundle Stars currently has Clear Sky and 9 other games for 5 bucks.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/toxic-bundle/
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#6wizardmonPosted 4/14/2014 7:00:26 PM
Clear sky is often slated as one of the worst of them, IMO I'd just play the first and then the third. Mod the first though and read a good guide on how to do that.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#7somebody336Posted 4/14/2014 7:03:33 PM
Dunno. Just got Clear Skies from Bundlestars, I'll let you know when I try :p
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#8CatToyPosted 4/14/2014 7:05:52 PM
Clear Sky is certainly the weakest but it's by no means a bad game. They're all so similar anyway that you can't really go wrong. Really the biggest problem with Clear Sky is that the faction wars system never really works, but that entirely a side thing after the first zone. Other than that it does many many improvements to the series that are carried into the final game.
---
#9Jprime666Posted 4/14/2014 7:07:57 PM
I remember getting bored after around 10 hours of the third. The story goes nowhere, and the characters are very boring. The gunplay is average at best and there's not a whole lot of RPG to be had. After 10 hours I had enough ammo and health items to take down a small army.

But everyone keeps recommending them, so I don't know. I guess I just don't see the appeal.
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#10DiviDudePosted 4/14/2014 7:08:38 PM(edited)
Wonky and messy as hell, but it's still entirely playable and quite enjoyable. Unlike a lot of other games I would describe as "messy", at least the UI is intuitive and straight forward. They're also pretty difficult games; you're not going to be a super hero at any point.