This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC news. DayZ continues to create revolutionary PC experiences

#1xenosaga123Posted 4/15/2014 8:14:10 AM
from a random legit DayZ gaming quote:

I had an interesting experience the other night in my solo adventures. I was in Green Mountain, got in the gate and was looting the building, all doors were closed. I started leaving, opened the gate and suddenly I got shot from behind. I was still alive, and this guy said "You better get down." He comes out pointing a gun at me. I comply and say "What do you want? Can I bandage myself?" He comes out the gate and says "Well I feel like a **** now. I usually only see 12 year old kids in this game, but you are actually mature. Sorry I shot you. Come to the tower with me and I'll help you out." He was hiding in the tower the whole time apparently. He gave me alcohol to treat my wounds, as well as his extra painted Mosin with ammo. Luckily for me I found a long range scope earlier that I still had. He gave me some other various stuff. I thanked him, wished him luck and was on my way.

All because I wasn't a little kid.

Isn't that strange? That sure is a rare occurrence for PC gaming.

well maybe some PC gamers have something similiar happen?
#2krazychao5Posted 4/15/2014 8:16:21 AM
How is this game? Keep hearing about it. You only get one life or something?
---
This will not change until Michigan wins the National Championship ~Signed October 2nd, 2006~
Detroit Red Wings 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions
#3SinisterSlayPosted 4/15/2014 8:16:51 AM
Nope, I would have shot him and took his stuff
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4BeerOnTapPosted 4/15/2014 8:19:20 AM
This game is all I've been playing lately.
It is a masterpiece, and it isn't even finished yet.
#5Nineteen99Posted 4/15/2014 8:24:15 AM
Paid betas are the scum of the gaming industry. They're worse than EA, imo.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#6SinisterSlayPosted 4/15/2014 8:26:05 AM
Nineteen99 posted...

Let's not be unrealistic here....
It can't be worse than EA, EA releases their betas and calls them final versions.

At least the paid betas are admitting they are betas.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7Worknofun370Posted 4/15/2014 8:26:10 AM
krazychao5 posted...
How is this game? Keep hearing about it. You only get one life or something?

It's a very hit or miss game it seems.

Some love it and play massive massive amount of hours, others (like myself) struggled to get into it and found it kind of boring and repetitive with no real direction.

I have no issues at all with those that find the game fun, I can see the appeal... it's just not for me.
#8tiger8191Posted 4/15/2014 8:26:19 AM
Lol
---
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver
#9BeerOnTapPosted 4/15/2014 8:26:50 AM
Nineteen99 posted...

So don't buy it and move along... Be gone.
The developers are actually listening to the community and taking their suggestions. It's a great way to watch the game grow and evolve.
And when The Forest comes out in May (beta) I'll get that too.
#10ThePonyColliePosted 4/15/2014 8:31:10 AM
I'm not getting on the DayZ bandwagon unless there are PvE servers. If they don't want to allow them friendly servers, I'll go with H1Z1.
---
No Steam, no buy.