This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC news. DayZ continues to create revolutionary PC experiences

#11LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/15/2014 12:57:44 PM
It's actually more fun to read DayZ stories than to play the game. It really isn't a good game. Crappy, poorly designed mechanics you'd expect from a player made mod. It's C grade, at best.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#12xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2014 1:03:58 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
It's actually more fun to read DayZ stories than to play the game. It really isn't a good game. Crappy, poorly designed mechanics you'd expect from a player made mod. It's C grade, at best.

Well fans playing it as we speak, it's an A or C+ to them. Especially if it's their #1 game or only game they are playing, then it's definitely an A to them (though it would have to move out of beta to achieve S rank).
#13LaManoNeraIIPosted 4/15/2014 1:08:03 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

Well fans playing it as we speak, it's an A or C+ to them. Especially if it's their #1 game or only game they are playing, then it's definitely an A to them (though it would have to move out of beta to achieve S rank).

Well good for them

But it's a technically bad game. I don't see it ever being "finished"
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#14cod4lyfe1997Posted 4/15/2014 1:14:44 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#15DragnfyrPosted 4/15/2014 1:23:56 PM
It's fun to play with friends over voice chat but it's pretty boring going solo.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#16ATARIJAWAPosted 4/15/2014 1:34:35 PM
80% of the game is missing. At this point it is little more than a server/engine stress test. I highly don't recommend buying it unless you interested in game development. Too many people who don't know what they are buying are expecting it to play like the arma 2 dayz mod which is a military shooter with some zombies thrown in. You can kind of play it that way now because like I said it's 20% done but the final game will play nothing like the mod. It's a completely different type of game and genre. Dayz Standalone is a survival horror game. The devs should have have been more clear about that up front. It's going to play completely differently. It plays like team deathmatch now because most of the game is missing. The "game" everyone is playing now isn;t the actual game.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#17pothocketPosted 4/15/2014 1:37:51 PM
So this game is a child murder simulator? No wonder it's been Steam's top selling game since "release".
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#18xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2014 1:44:11 PM
pothocket posted...
So this game is a child murder simulator? No wonder it's been Steam's top selling game since "release".

it isn't a child murder simulator because all of the people/bodies are physical teens to adults, there are no children. Otherwise might as well call any ________ multiplayer shooter a "child soldiers murder simulator" just because kids play it.
#19xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 9:23:08 AM
Last night was the worst night ever for me. I spawned in a 38/40 server, I'm geared to the max with an sks and 1911. I was at the very northern most airfield, I make my great journey to elektro. Before I make it there, I get shot by a bandit while screaming friendly.

Then I spawn in one city over and see if I can bum rush him, before I do... A group of four guys come from the bushes and shoot me in the knee caps. I'm a fresh spawn at the point so they have to know I'm unarmed. We talk for a second, and eventual they knock me out and leave me to bleed to death. Yesterday was a nightmare.

Well be careful

I was killing guys in electro/cherno/balota last night. I must have killed about a dozen before the internet had a hiccup and I wound up dead.

That's just how it goes. Kill, be killed, or be a coward and play on low pop.

Well be cool with people and they respect.

Yeah, I don't get it. I'm a fresh spawn, clearly just running, and people are shooting me, for what? I was in a town yesterday, and I saw a dead player body. checked what they had, nothing. I went inside the building to see if it had been looted, and as I go to leave, I hear someone calling in. I'm not too sure what they say, but I walk out (as I basically had nothing but a can of soda anyway.)

They offer me a bandage. I didn't need it, but I figured I'd accept their hospitality, and as I pick it up, they bind me, take my pants (Seriously people, get more creative.) force me to drink something. I've got nothing to lose here, so I just joke with them the whole time, they get frustrated that I'm not raging, and axe me to death.

For some COMPLETELY UNKNOWABLE REASON, the whole time this is going down five feet from the body (which should have been a clue) another new player actually comes up into this and checks it. Like, you see this happening, and that dead body is just too good to pass up? That fool deserved what they probably got.

Respawn again, get shot randomly from a building, manage to hide behind a building he can't get me from, as I go to head inside the building on the astronomical chance there's something that can help me, he had made his way inside and guns me down. At least the first guys were entertaining.

Using strategy can help

Played this for the first time yesterday (first time ever playing a PC game other than Worms, solitaire or Hearts)

OMG it is solid!

1st spawn, straight on a zombie and 2 dudes, they handcuff me, kill zombies, make me wait 15 mins then uncuff me and send me on my way - awesome....

Don't even know the controls at this point, everytime I look at them a zombie punches me.

Finally get these controls worked out, get me some clothes, backpack, food and a pitch fork, some German squeaker tells me to put it down and shoots my legs before I can do anything, tells me he is a trained doctor so don't worry, guess there surgery is different over there but a bullet to the head does not help.

Next spawn is next to the ship (rify or something) quick check on Dayz map tells me the NEAF is a short run away, I've watched Frankie, I've seen Jackfrags I turd on PSISyndicates face, I can handle the NEAF, saw my first building, ran over, before I got to the door WAMMO, shot to the face!

loving this game though, can only get better.

1 thing though, why do people shoot you, then offer to fix you? And then not bloody fix you!!!

Well you have to be careful, and there are some very paranoid survivors and sociopaths.
#20r0ge00Posted 4/16/2014 9:36:38 AM
I didn't find anything all that exciting about Running Simulator 2014.