This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are all good online shooters gone?

#1Mako_eyesPosted 4/16/2014 5:33:36 AM
Seens like everything that is offered is just crap. There seems to be three lines of shooters nowadays:

Firstly, there are these campfests shooters like Call of Tent: Modern Campfare and Camper-Strike. Some wannabe-realistic camping full of cowards hiding behind corners.

Secondly, there are these Battlefield-style shooters, full of unnecessary gimmicks like airplanes, etc. And again, some wannabe-realistic crap gameplay.

Thirdly, there are Tribes-type games. This is already a little better than the first two types, but still not much better. These shooters have level ups and classes (omg), something that's totally out of place in an online shooter. And worst of all, you can buy your levels and weapons with money (even bigger omg).

Is there any popular online shooters in Quake / Unreal Tournament category? Kind of games, where you actually need to collect your weapons, collect your armors and face your opponent in direct encounters? Games with rocket launchers. railguns, flak cannon, chainguns, shotguns, etc. Games where you can actually receive some punishment before you die, so camping isn't effective and you are forced face most of your opponents directly - without different classes and level up systems.

I'm not sure if it's worth to buy a gaming PC as my next machine, since it looks all online shooters are exclusively crap nowadays and everything else I want I can get for PS4.
#2Ch3wyPosted 4/16/2014 5:38:54 AM
First of all I hate the way you said everything in this topic and I hate you as a result.

Second no, there aren't any decent arena shooters anymore. And if a new one got made its online would be dead within a couple months.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#3TropicMoon10Posted 4/16/2014 5:40:30 AM(edited)
All the good shooters now are free to play, the more popular ones being Team Fortress, Loadout, Blacklight, and Planeside (the last two being on PS4 as well - though I can't imagine playing either with a controller)
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#4Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 5:39:57 AM
Ch3wy posted...
First of all I hate the way you said everything in this topic and I hate you as a result.

Not my problem if you take internet too seriously.
#5Ch3wyPosted 4/16/2014 5:41:29 AM
Mako_eyes posted...
Ch3wy posted...

This has nothing to do with the internet.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#6Immortal_MooPosted 4/16/2014 6:04:07 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Mako_eyes posted...
Ch3wy posted...

This has nothing to do with the internet.

Agreed, he does come off like a douche.
More than likely he is bad at those types of games and makes him feel better to insult them.
---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
#7firewater_26Posted 4/16/2014 6:11:39 AM
http://www.quakelive.com/#!home
---
Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
#8Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 6:16:17 AM
Immortal_Moo posted...

More than likely he is bad at those types of games and makes him feel better to insult them.

Took surprisingly before someone came up with this argument. It will probably soon be the truth even though it's BS. Really, the reason might just be there are player who doesn't like these campfests.

There's a reason Q2 and Q3 still have somewhat active scenes.
#9Immortal_MooPosted 4/16/2014 6:39:13 AM
I don't like MMORPGs but you don't see me going around insulting them and by extension the players that play them by calling them. Clickfests or nolifegames etc etc.
If you are trolling ok whatever, but if you are generally looking for a Discussion how about voicing your opinions in a respectful yet opinionated manner? You will probably find more people willing to contribute.
---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
#10Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 7:03:38 AM
Immortal_Moo posted...
I don't like MMORPGs but you don't see me going around insulting them and by extension the players that play them by calling them. Clickfests or nolifegames etc etc.
If you are trolling ok whatever, but if you are generally looking for a Discussion how about voicing your opinions in a respectful yet opinionated manner? You will probably find more people willing to contribute.

Neither.

I'm only interested whether there still are some real online shooters that are popular or only this Camper-Strike/Call of Tent crap.