This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are all good online shooters gone?

#11ShubPosted 4/16/2014 7:04:53 AM
Go try Quake Live.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12ATARIJAWAPosted 4/16/2014 7:06:40 AM
Mako_eyes posted...
Immortal_Moo posted...
I don't like MMORPGs but you don't see me going around insulting them and by extension the players that play them by calling them. Clickfests or nolifegames etc etc.
If you are trolling ok whatever, but if you are generally looking for a Discussion how about voicing your opinions in a respectful yet opinionated manner? You will probably find more people willing to contribute.

Neither.

I'm only interested whether there still are some real online shooters that are popular or only this Camper-Strike/Call of Tent crap.

It's not camping it's Tactical Sitting.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#13Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 7:16:42 AM
Quake Live is basically just Q3 again. Never was fan of Q3, I only like q3 cpma rocket arena, but that scene is almost dead by now. I've always liked Q2 nd UT 2K3 and 2K4 more.

ATARIJAWA posted...
Mako_eyes posted...
Immortal_Moo posted...
I don't like MMORPGs but you don't see me going around insulting them and by extension the players that play them by calling them. Clickfests or nolifegames etc etc.
If you are trolling ok whatever, but if you are generally looking for a Discussion how about voicing your opinions in a respectful yet opinionated manner? You will probably find more people willing to contribute.

Neither.

I'm only interested whether there still are some real online shooters that are popular or only this Camper-Strike/Call of Tent crap.

You can call them what you want, I call them what I want. Only you are making an issue of this.
#14pothocketPosted 4/16/2014 7:21:04 AM
Titanfall and Team Fortress 2 are both great shooters without camping being a problem. Then again I don't think TC is looking for a real discussion and instead is just trying to be loud and obnoxious.

Vehicles in BF are a gimmick!

LOL get real, kid.
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#15MackorovPosted 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
No one plays Arena shooters anymore, TC. You can still find nice company with the AI bots though
#16Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 7:27:50 AM
pothocket posted...
Titanfall and Team Fortress 2 are both great shooters without camping being a problem. Then again I don't think TC is looking for a real discussion and instead is just trying to be loud and obnoxious.

LOL get real, kid.

Not really. I'm only trying establish whether there are still Quake / Unreal Tournament style online shooters that are still popular. That's the point of this topic.

But you seem to be very touchy about these camper-strikes and cell of tents, don't really get why, but since you are, why not use them?
#17Mako_eyes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 7:31:00 AM
Mackorov posted...
No one plays Arena shooters anymore, TC. You can still find nice company with the AI bots though

Arena, DM and TDM isn't the same. Arena is simplified version of DM (arena = all weapons ready, no need to collect them).
#18SpazH3dPosted 4/16/2014 7:33:18 AM
Let me try a little thing here:

Arena shooters are mindless zerg rushes with zero strategy, zero incentive to keep playing because you see everything there is to see within 5 mins, and there is nothing to unlock so they die out fast. Oh and all the weapons are overpowered and the running speed is too fast. The reason they died out is because they are more mindless than the COD games you hate so much.

How did I do?
---
- My vision is augmented
#19ATARIJAWAPosted 4/16/2014 7:36:22 AM
Mako_eyes posted...
Quake Live is basically just Q3 again. Never was fan of Q3, I only like q3 cpma rocket arena, but that scene is almost dead by now. I've always liked Q2 nd UT 2K3 and 2K4 more.

ATARIJAWA posted...
Mako_eyes posted...
Immortal_Moo posted...

Neither.

You can call them what you want, I call them what I want. Only you are making an issue of this.

what? that was my first post in this topc.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#20pothocketPosted 4/16/2014 7:41:36 AM(edited)
Mako_eyes posted...
pothocket posted...

LOL get real, kid.

Not really. I'm only trying establish whether there are still Quake / Unreal Tournament style online shooters that are still popular. That's the point of this topic.

But you seem to be very touchy about these camper-strikes and cell of tents, don't really get why, but since you are, why not use them?

No, you're trying to be obnoxious. hey, any REAL shooters? Otherwise you'd actually engage people with their suggestions rather than continue to be insulting. I gave you two games. Go play them and shut up.

I also have no clue what you're getting at putting words in my mouth about liking CS or CoD. I don't play those game and even if I did I don't see how it's an insult trying to point out that I play them.

Also, you must be an idiot thinking going around collecting weapons within a level isn't going to have people camping those weapons. Have you even played arena shooters? LOL "camping isn't a problem" You have no idea what you're talking about it.

Shooters have evolved for a reason.
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif