This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you had fun with any games still in Alpha

#1PokenubPosted 4/16/2014 6:56:53 AM(edited)
Have you had fun with any games still in Alpha? - Results (162 votes)
Yes, all the ones I've tried
12.96% (21 votes)
Yes, only some of the ones I've tried
35.19% (57 votes)
Yes, only one that I tried
6.17% (10 votes)
I've only bought one Alpha and I enjoyed it
10.49% (17 votes)
I've only bought one Alpha and I didn't enjoy it
3.7% (6 votes)
I've bought multiple Alphas and I hated them all
0% (0 votes)
I have never bought an alpha but may do at some point
3.7% (6 votes)
Alphas are devil incarnate and anyone who buys one is an evil person
6.17% (10 votes)
I don't want to buy an alpha
21.6% (35 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Note: This is talking about paid alphas, as seen on Steam
Option 8 is for the silly people who dislike the concept of something that doesn't affect them, but feel the need to shout and throw their poop.

If I missed an option, please post what you feel.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#2ATARIJAWAPosted 4/16/2014 6:44:29 AM
You need option 9 for people who don't understand what an alpha is and expect a finished game. The Dayz community has turned me off to ever participating in another alpha. I didn't think people could be so stupid.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#3Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 6:46:09 AM
Option 8 is the devil incarnate thing lol.

But yes, misunderstanding is a hard thing to put in. I perhaps should have put an option as "What is an alpha"
---
#4ThePonyColliePosted 4/16/2014 6:49:15 AM
Option 8 is accurate. Alphas are awful because there's a chance a dev go out of business and their game is removed for the lack of support.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#5Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 6:51:49 AM
Even so, the time I've spent on one particular game, Full Mojo Rampage was easily worth the price, as I've got a ton of enjoyment out of it and the developers really seem to listen and take notice.

Starbound on the other hand, I haven't enjoyed as much. Maybe it's because I wasn't the biggest fan of Terraria, I'm not sure but I still have no regrets.
---
#6ATARIJAWAPosted 4/16/2014 6:53:40 AM
I'm not against closed or invite only alphas but open alpha is just a bad idea. Open Pre-Alpha is even worse.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#7calcyclePosted 4/16/2014 7:23:09 AM
I've experienced early access games all over the spectrum. Speedrunners is super fun with friends, contagion is alright but not my style of game, interstellar Marines is obviously still in development and lacks many features. I shall wait for that one to fully release before I play it again.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#8Jprime666Posted 4/16/2014 7:25:02 AM
I bought the Divinity Original Sin alpha and wasn't impressed. Now that it's in beta I'm liking it more, although there is still lots of room for improvement.

Battlefield 4 spent the first few months of its life in alpha, and I had some fun with that when it was bugging out or lagging uncontrollably
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#9r0ge00Posted 4/16/2014 7:29:29 AM
Grim Dawn was pretty fun for the small amount of time that I put into it.
#10Perfect LightPosted 4/16/2014 7:39:11 AM
No, the few games still in Alpha I've bought have all been terrible and I'm unsure how people are allowed to call them games. I write novels on the side, so should I sell a half-finished book and expect people to give me money for it so I can finish the rest? Would you buy a movie that's half-finished? The entire concept is insane and I will never understand why people choose to support it.
---
E . ` ' / . F Your tears fuel me.