This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I Can't Right Click Anymore

#11ShubPosted 4/16/2014 10:01:37 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Shub posted...
1) I said non-Apple mouse and TC already mentioned he's not using an Apple mouse anyway
2) The Apple Magic Mouse is touch-sensitive and you can enable right-click in System Preferences > Mouse and right-click by positioning your finger on the top-right corner of the mouse and clicking.

So the function is hidden by default? That seems odd.

It's not "hidden", it's disabled by default when using the Magic Mouse. It's always been that way since Apple mice have always had only one button. Any experienced Mac user is used to it. The standard way of right-clicking is to hold down Ctrl on the keyboard and clicking the mouse. You can also change the behavior of the trackpad on a MacBook to right-click.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#12SinisterSlayPosted 4/16/2014 10:18:30 AM(edited)
Shub posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Shub posted...
1) I said non-Apple mouse and TC already mentioned he's not using an Apple mouse anyway
2) The Apple Magic Mouse is touch-sensitive and you can enable right-click in System Preferences > Mouse and right-click by positioning your finger on the top-right corner of the mouse and clicking.

So the function is hidden by default? That seems odd.

It's not "hidden", it's disabled by default when using the Magic Mouse. It's always been that way since Apple mice have always had only one button. Any experienced Mac user is used to it. The standard way of right-clicking is to hold down Ctrl on the keyboard and clicking the mouse. You can also change the behavior of the trackpad on a MacBook to right-click.

I wonder how much childhood mac frustration I would have avoided if I knew that.

-edit
probably not much, they still had like a 50% chance of hanging when you saved a file, corrupting your save and losing your work.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#13ShubPosted 4/16/2014 10:18:59 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
I wonder how much childhood mac frustration I would have avoided if I knew that.

Dunno, but there you go. In the Apple world, standard is Ctrl+Click to right-click. If you have an Apple mouse or trackpad, you can enable right-click via System Preferences. If you have a mouse with physically separate left and right mouse buttons like basically any non-Apple mouse, right-click is turned on by default on the appropriate button. Ctrl+Click has been around since the 80s!

Wario_man posted...
Killah Priest posted...
you did try uninstalling the mouse and re pairing it?

I did not, I'm worried if I do that the mouse won't work at all. It does everything else but right click.

Sorry to repeat myself but I just want to make sure you saw my earlier message. Try the mouse on another computer, preferably one to which the mouse has never been installed. It's perfectly possible that the mouse is broken. If it doesn't work on another computer, then that's probably it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14wildog2006Posted 4/16/2014 11:19:24 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Shub posted...
Macs do have right click and the mouse2 button of any non-Apple mouse will automatically right click when connected to a Mac.

Where?
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=951&bih=657&q=mac+mouse&oq=mac+mouse&gs_l=img.3..0l10.880.1726.0.1822.9.8.0.1.1.0.147.769.3j5.8.0....0...1ac.1.41.img..1.8.666.EoYp9g6Bk3A

You click the right side of the mouse, smartass, just like a regular mouse.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#15SinisterSlayPosted 4/16/2014 11:22:01 AM
wildog2006 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Shub posted...
Macs do have right click and the mouse2 button of any non-Apple mouse will automatically right click when connected to a Mac.

Where?
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=951&bih=657&q=mac+mouse&oq=mac+mouse&gs_l=img.3..0l10.880.1726.0.1822.9.8.0.1.1.0.147.769.3j5.8.0....0...1ac.1.41.img..1.8.666.EoYp9g6Bk3A

You click the right side of the mouse, smartass, just like a regular mouse.

No... regular mice have two buttons, one on the top left quarter, one on the top right quarter. Often with a mouse wheel in the upper middle area
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#16Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 3:49:42 PM
Man :( I hope it isn't broken. Was a hundred bucks for the keyboard and mouse...
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#17Killah PriestPosted 4/16/2014 3:57:34 PM
Don't worry, logitech is pretty good with their customer service.

They'll send you a brand new mouse and won't even expect you to return the old one. You probably will have to take a picture of the mouse with your case number and thats it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18darkus_fPosted 4/16/2014 4:08:44 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Your not accidentally sitting in front of a mac are you?

LMAO! Oh God! XD
---
PSN: darkus_f 2DS: 0447-5073-6549
i7-3770 | 2GB RAM | Intel HD4000
#19Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 4:23:35 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Don't worry, logitech is pretty good with their customer service.

They'll send you a brand new mouse and won't even expect you to return the old one. You probably will have to take a picture of the mouse with your case number and thats it.

I live in Aus though, how does this magical service work? :o
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#20Wario_man(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2014 3:09:27 AM
So now I can right click. Just got home, turned my computer on, couldn't click any of my desktop icons or right click, did a reboot, now I can do everything @_@
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.