This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these 3 Graphics Cards should I get today?

#11QuestofChosenPosted 4/16/2014 12:21:13 PM
Sora_Anbu posted...
Dual GPU solution doesn't look that bad. Can't find any comparisons with it vs the 750

Dual GPU isn't going to pull any miracles with a weak dedicated gpu and even weaker integrated gpu.
---
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Donkey Kong 64, Limbo and Fez
#12Sora_AnbuPosted 4/16/2014 12:24:14 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...
Dual GPU solution doesn't look that bad. Can't find any comparisons with it vs the 750

Dual GPU isn't going to pull any miracles with a weak dedicated gpu and even weaker integrated gpu.

I want to build one of those rigs! Just to do it. Though best buy does match prices so that's good. They can order the part to the store if you want.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#13dementedlullabyPosted 4/16/2014 12:28:56 PM
VIP86 posted...
TC probably has bestbuy credit, since all those links are from bestbuy. Bestbuy doesn't really stock mid-high end cards, atleast the ones in my area. I agree, all those card choices do make me sad.

In store they usually carry crappier stuff, especially depending on region. If an area isn't selling any of the more expensive components on a usual basis they won't restock.

But you can order things from the website and have them sent in store. They don't have the newest (no gtx 750) but they carry better components than TC posted for sure. If he has credit he may as well spend a little extra and get something that will carry him for a bit longer. I'd say check the website for something better and get the store to order it in for him. If credit isn't the issue look elsewhere altogether. Best Buy/Future Shop kinda suck.
---
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#14PhilOnDezPosted 4/16/2014 12:29:43 PM
Sora_Anbu posted...
QuestofChosen posted...
Sora_Anbu posted...

I want to build one of those rigs! Just to do it. Though best buy does match prices so that's good. They can order the part to the store if you want.

7850k+250 loses badly to an Athlon 760k and 750, not to mention the 760k and 750 will cost about the same as the 7850k alone and you won't have to deal with Dual Graphics (stutter and incompatibility). Whatever he has plus a 240 will be even worse.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#15xxtearg0dxx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 12:32:35 PM
Yeah only have Best Buy credit so I'm quite limited. So I'm guessing of the 3 the GT 640 is looking like the better of them?

I'm on my way to Best Buy, I will let you know what all else they have when I het there.

ETA: 25 minutes.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#16DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/16/2014 12:37:51 PM
xxtearg0dxx posted...
Yeah only have Best Buy credit so I'm quite limited. So I'm guessing of the 3 the GT 640 is looking like the better of them?

I'm on my way to Best Buy, I will let you know what all else they have when I het there.

Spending the extra for a 750 is very, very worth it.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#17xxtearg0dxx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2014 12:50:04 PM
Quote:xxtearg0dxx posted...

I would but unfortunately I can't afford it and don't have a steady income to save for it.
Spending the extra for a 750 is very, very worth it.

@DarkZV2Beta
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.14
#18ATARIJAWAPosted 4/16/2014 12:50:45 PM
what are you planning on doing with them? They are multimedia gpu's not gaming cards.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 116
#19r0ge00Posted 4/16/2014 12:51:17 PM
If you can't afford something better, save your money/credit.
#20QuestofChosenPosted 4/16/2014 1:01:55 PM
r0ge00 posted...
If you can't afford something better, save your money/credit.

Yeah don't buy anthing. Save $40 and get a GTX 750. The gt 640 isn't worth the $90.
---
Currently Playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Donkey Kong 64, Limbo and Fez