This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless PC Headset

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wireless PC Headset
1 year ago#1
So I'm looking to get a wireless PC headset and just wanted to get some opinions. The one I'm strongly considering is the Turtle Beach Z300. Anyone have any experience with this particular headset?
1 year ago#2
joeman2004 posted...
So I'm looking to get a wireless PC headset and just wanted to get some opinions. The one I'm strongly considering is the Turtle Beach Z300. Anyone have any experience with this particular headset?

If you have to have a headset, get the SkullCandy PLYR 1, which happens to be wireless and doesn't have completely piss-poor audio. The Sennheiser PC 360 would be better most likely, but isn't wireless.

But for the price of a PLYR 1 plus $30 or so, you can get headphones that will sound MUCH, MUCH better. For a mic, you can use a clip-on mic like the mod mic, or better yet get a desktop condenser mic like the Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
1 year ago#3
Or you can do what I do. Guitar hero Mic slung over the shoulder.

GOML
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png
1 year ago#4
PraetorXyn posted...
joeman2004 posted...

If you have to have a headset, get the SkullCandy PLYR 1, which happens to be wireless and doesn't have completely piss-poor audio. The Sennheiser PC 360 would be better most likely, but isn't wireless.

But for the price of a PLYR 1 plus $30 or so, you can get headphones that will sound MUCH, MUCH better. For a mic, you can use a clip-on mic like the mod mic, or better yet get a desktop condenser mic like the Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti.

PLYR1 looks like an option I'll have to take into consideration. Any others?
1 year ago#5
Plyr 1 sounds great, but the microphone isn't too good from my experience. Could've just been a defective one on my part though. If you can afford it I hear the Steelseries H is supposed to be pretty good.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
1 year ago#6
Plyr 1 would be my recommendation. You can also consider the Corsair Vengeance ones, (I have the 2000s) but they're a resounding "meh."
---
Fear is a leash.
1 year ago#7
I looked at the PLYR 1, and I don't think it will work for me since I game on a laptop. I'd prefer a headset with Bluetooth connectivity.
1 year ago#8
A lot of laptops have optical via a 3.5mm adapter.
---
I5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 12 gigs DDR3 memory, Asrock Z77 Extreme 4, 2x EVGA GTX 670 4gb SC sli, Seasonic 750w PSU, Monoprice 1440p monitor
1 year ago#9
joeman2004 posted...
I looked at the PLYR 1, and I don't think it will work for me since I game on a laptop. I'd prefer a headset with Bluetooth connectivity.

Why not just look at PLYR2s or Corsair 2100s? Most Bluetooth headsets suck.
---
Fear is a leash.
1 year ago#10
I think the problem with most bluetooth headsets is that they tend not to have a mic.
Although I do wish more wireless things would start using Bluetooth rather than proprietary USB dongles.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wireless PC Headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived