This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favorite PC game that's NOT regarded as a classic?

#41YoungAdultLinkPosted 4/18/2014 10:56:04 AM
Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Everyone always sings the praises of HoMM3, but I just love the 2nd and its expansion more.
---
One day, when I am too old for adventuring, I will settle down and open up a little armor shop called, "Victorious Secret."
#42KillerTrufflePosted 4/18/2014 10:57:14 AM
YoungAdultLink posted...
Heroes of Might and Magic 2. Everyone always sings the praises of HoMM3, but I just love the 2nd and its expansion more.

I'd say for myself, Civilization II: Test of Time fits that same thing. It's my all-time favorite Civ game, but most people rave about the others, like IV.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#43That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2014 12:30:43 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Any time conversations about mech games come up, MW4 is almost *always* mentioned - MW4: Mercenaries, specifically. It's pretty much considered the epitome of mech games by most people I've seen.

Every time I see mech talk it's always Armored Core or Gundam.

YoungAdultLink posted...

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 is my favorite of the series. The hated black sheep.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#44CaioNVPosted 4/18/2014 12:33:38 PM
Hard Reset.
---
GRABBIN' PEELZ! http://i.imgur.com/LkSWXBA.jpg
Promised to never necro-bump again on 16/2/2014.
#45NicodimusPosted 4/18/2014 12:35:21 PM
Two Worlds.

Hate on, haters. I played the entire way through and had fun.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#46the_dracolichPosted 4/18/2014 12:40:05 PM
BendoHendo posted...
Dungeon Siege I + II

These and

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Sacred
Alien Shooter: Vengeance
---
Immune to criticals, criticism, negative board level, etc.
#47AnimorganimatePosted 4/18/2014 1:19:26 PM(edited)
Eric the Unready would be my first choice (a text-adventure game released in 1993). It's still, by far, the funniest game I have ever played, and is the ultimate geek-culture parody (mainly being a fantasy spoof, but there's also plenty of sci-fi references, as well as movie nods, and Monty Python humor, etc).

A second choice would be King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (released in 1992). I know there's tons of "better" point-and-click-adventures out there (all of which I love), but KQ6 has always been at the top of my list. I played through it multiple times back when I was a wee nine-year-old lad, and still remember most of the puzzles fondly.

My last choice (because I can't settle on just one) is Bad Mojo (released in 1996). You're a cockroach . . . it's as simple as that. Bad Mojo is dark, gritty, weird, and mostly pointless; but I was in awe of it's absurdity the minute I laid eyes on it.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#48silvergokuZPosted 4/18/2014 1:16:26 PM
Its hard to say really as I like games that were popular in the 90's but not mainstream so not a classic in the sense someone would remember a Sonic or Mario game

I like Jones In The Fast Lane, Discworld 1 and 2 and many others I cant remember apart from Dare to Dream 2 and 3 and rockstar.
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#49Ivany2008Posted 4/18/2014 1:29:18 PM
Monster Bash..... I played the hell out of that game
Super Solvers
Treasure Mountain

I think it might be considered a classic but...The Incredible Machine, as well as Total Annihilation 1
#50DV8ingSourcesPosted 4/18/2014 1:37:50 PM
Jetfighter 2 might be considered a classic by some but I'm not sure just how popular it actually was.
Such a great dos sim way back when.
Can be found on myabandonware.com if anyone feels the need to have a blast from the past. I highly recommend your own music though :P
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1