This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Is Bringing Final Fantasy III To PC

#31sonic_man00Posted 4/18/2014 9:40:45 AM
Sora_Anbu posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
1) I said "easily" emulated. The Final Fantasy X Remaster would be nice.

2) Believe it or not, there are more people in the world than you.

And I'm saying most ff games are trash.

And i'm saying all ff games are trash.
---
Windows 8 - AMD Dual-Core E-3000 - 4 GB RAM - ATi Radeon HD 6310
I will change this sig when Gabe posts a picture of himself eating a Twinkie.
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2014 9:44:43 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Still better than 2, 7, 10, and 13 by a mile.
Actually, I think I'd put it above 1 and 8 as well.

Someone is high. 2 is good but severely underrated. 7 was good but highly overrated. 10 was awesome. Never played 13.

Sinfullyvannila posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Except this is the WORST game in the series. Like, parts of it were ok on the original Famicom, but you know how much they improved for later versions besides the graphics? Nothing. No, they actually made it WORSE for the updates. The job system is worse, magic was nerfed to hell and back to point of near uselessness, and bosses were give increased HP that does nothing but make them take longer.

Still better than 2, 7, 10, and 13 by a mile.
Actually, I think I'd put it above 1 and 8 as well.

I disagree. It's the worst by a large margin. Not counting unnumbered entries.

And you're wrong.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#33SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/18/2014 9:56:50 AM(edited)
And you're wrong.

It's the only one I can honestly say that I got absolutely no pleasure out of.

Just a pile of everything unenjoyable about 8-bit RPGs(excessive grinding, excessive random battles, poor story and limited ability to save), exacerbated by the job class system, which, contrary to popular belief, it did not introduce.

If you can tolerate that, fine. I'm not going to try to take away your ability to enjoy it. I very much dislike it though, in comparison to all of the games.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#34ShadowThaReaperPosted 4/18/2014 9:58:22 AM
FF3 today, KH3 and FF15 tomorrow. The PS4 looks less lustrous than ever. How sad.
#35DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2014 10:00:15 AM
And you're wrong.

Just a pile of everything unenjoyable about 8-bit RPGs(excessive grinding, excessive random battles, poor story and limited ability to save), exacerbated by the job class system, which, contrary to popular belief, it did not introduce.

If you can tolerate that, fine. I'm not going to try to take away your ability to enjoy it. I very much dislike it though, in comparison to all of the games.

If you actually had to grind in FF3, you must have sucked pretty bad at it.
And what of those did FF1 not do far worse? Or FF2, for that matter?
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#36SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/18/2014 10:12:36 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And you're wrong.

In FF1 you only had one class to level up. In FF2, the growth system was a lot more engaging, since your actions in combat affect the how your stats increase, and the story was better.

In FF3, as you change classes, your characters' performance drops until you can "catch up" a bit. So enemies get stronger as you get temporarily weaker. Not hard to see where the grinding comes into play.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#37Kokuei05Posted 4/18/2014 10:11:19 AM
Meh. I have a PSP
---
Xeon x3220 @ 3.3Ghz [367*9] | Hyper 212 EVO | GA-EP45-UD3L | Mushkin 4GB DDR2-800 | EA-430W | 1GB 560 AC Twin Turbo II | WD 500 GB | AL1916W | G400s | HTF600-S
#38slitherysobPosted 4/18/2014 10:13:31 AM
I have it for the DS, but it's a good game. Definitely grind heavy, though. I'm glad it's being ported to PC, so that more people can enjoy it.
#39MaximoomPosted 4/18/2014 10:19:59 AM
would be soo cool to have the entire final fantasy series on steam.
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#40DoramiPosted 4/18/2014 10:34:38 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

FF1 did not require any grinding.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo