This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Is Bringing Final Fantasy III To PC

#51wesker1602Posted 4/18/2014 11:25:21 AM
Can't wait for intresting mods
#52Freelance_WolfPosted 4/18/2014 11:27:40 AM
Give me FFXII and I'll be happy.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#53SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/18/2014 11:33:38 AM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
Give me FFXII and I'll be happy.

^
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#54xOmniCloudxPosted 4/18/2014 11:52:13 AM(edited)
Pokerkid777 posted...
*crosses fingers for ff 9 port*

Surprised that back in the day they didn't do 9 despite VII and VIIPhilOnDez posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
*crosses fingers for ff 9 port*

Won't happen, at least not a 'good' port. The best they could do would be an emulated version ala the Genesis collection Sega has on steam. You may as well just emulate it yourself.

Now, it's possible, however unlikely, for them to remake the game. They don't have the source code for any of the PS1 FFs though so they're extremely limited in what try can do without pouring a ton of cash that they don't have into it.

How does SE keep losing the source code to all their old games? Even KH1 had its code lost and the game was "only" 10 years old when the HD collection got announced. Individuals there should be fired for these disasters. I wonder why FFIX didn't get a PC version like VII and VIII did years ago. May have been low sales or deal falling through with Eidos I guess. In any case FFIII is the worst game in the series besides the FFXIII and the Famicon version was more enjoyable than the 3D remake to me.

FFV is what it should have been all along but good demo showcase for it. Although I would love for SE to give FFIII, FFV and FFVI 2D remakes in the same style as FFI, FFIII and FFIV on PSP for completion reasons. They did half ass the After Years Remake on mobile by removing things and then not even including Interquel to be remade along with it so it's not surprising.

Those abominations they did with FFV and FFVI on mobile was a slap in the face when they did the other games proper justice. But this is the company that said FFVII was too big for phones (which is BS as much as a decade ago at least) but then announced Dragon Quest VIII the PS2 game was coming to phones...... Or that stuff about why there couldn't be an option for soundtrack option on the FFX/X-2 Remaster which was contradicted by their own actions of its release on Vita.

Oh, SE why did you have to become such a joke as the 00s moved forward without ever trying to get back on track? They say they are now but I'll believe t when I see it.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#55Rolling_StonedPosted 4/18/2014 11:39:42 AM
Emulator has been doing this for years.
---
PSN: Soapy_Stowned
Apologists are the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry.
#56LoshadtPosted 4/18/2014 11:40:25 AM
Because Square Enix sucks. I mean for Christ's sake they censored Bravely Default for absolutely no reason outside of maybe spite.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#57noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/18/2014 11:42:25 AM(edited)
That game is almost 25 years old now, but sure, let's throw money at them for ports and modernized re-releases instead of going through the process of making new games that are actually good.
---
How good doesn't character have to be...to be good?? - League_of_Noobs
#58jZangetsu21Posted 4/18/2014 11:42:03 AM
-CJF- posted...
This is good news but.....

Give me FFX/2 HD and KH HD 1.5/2.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can pretty much get that by using a PS2 emulator.

Running PS2 games on PCSX2 is great if you boost the resolution.

Kingdom Hearts and FFX/ X-2 work great on it.
---
i5 3570k*8gb DDR3 1600Mhz*GTX 780* PC, Console, Handheld, Mobile, whatever, I love games ^^
EU PSN: jZangetsu21
#59LoshadtPosted 4/18/2014 11:42:34 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
That game is almost 25 years old now, but sure, let's throw money at them for ports and modernized re-releases instead of going through the process of making new games that are actually good.

They don't make good games anymore though.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#60BendoHendoPosted 4/18/2014 11:42:53 AM
I hope you people realize that they are only porting this to the PC because it was already ported to iOS and android.

You aren't going to get Final Fantasy X and beyond until those show up on handheld devices in a few years.

--