This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Is Bringing Final Fantasy III To PC

#61GTRagnarokPosted 4/18/2014 11:49:42 AM
I liked FF13.

*casts protect and shell*
*equips accessory with fire resistance*
---
Wow. Very sig. Such original. Wow.
#62xOmniCloudxPosted 4/18/2014 11:51:20 AM
BendoHendo posted...
I hope you people realize that they are only porting this to the PC because it was already ported to iOS and android.

You aren't going to get Final Fantasy X and beyond until those show up on handheld devices in a few years.

--

So you make a case for FFX and X-2 coming to PC since they are on Vita. Now if they can just do XII and port the KH ReMixes to Vita. Unless you mean mobile but even then SE just wants to port to every platform reasonably available, I mean even Ouya got FFIII. FFIII and FFIV are the games they port to hell and back more than any other. Especially in regards to the latter with having more remakes and continuations to port.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#63SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/18/2014 11:54:51 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
That game is almost 25 years old now, but sure, let's throw money at them for ports and modernized re-releases instead of going through the process of making new games that are actually good.

They generally outsource the ports so they can work on new games.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other :)
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#64AuthorNumber2Posted 4/18/2014 12:00:32 PM
Slash-Lo posted...
If FF3 IS coming to the PC, hopefully they might bring some of the other NES-SNES era games in the series (FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI) to the PC too.
#65noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/18/2014 12:04:22 PM(edited)
Loshadt posted...
They don't make good games anymore though.

That's my point. The company is basically dead. The only reason they continue to exist is because people buy their re-releases over and over again because "omg dem nostalgia feelz" when you could just emulate to the same effect, or they buy their new products because they refuse to accept that all the people that made FF great aren't doing FF anymore, because they've retired, have trained proteges (which never ever works, how do you transfer natural talent and years of experience from building something from the ground up from one person to another? YOU DON'T) and are pretty much retired, or have died.
---
How good doesn't character have to be...to be good?? - League_of_Noobs
#66noimnoturdaddyPosted 4/18/2014 12:05:14 PM
Slash-Lo posted...
If FF3 IS coming to the PC, hopefully they might bring some of the other NES-SNES era games in the series (FFI, FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVI) to the PC too.

I hope they charge $10 each as well, because emulating to the same effect without paying a cent just makes me feel rotten!
---
How good doesn't character have to be...to be good?? - League_of_Noobs
#67HighOnPhazonPosted 4/18/2014 12:10:50 PM
They whore this game out way too much. How many ports are we at now?
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#68xanthan1Posted 4/18/2014 12:42:56 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
They whore this game out way too much. How many ports are we at now?

4. DS, PSP, Tablets, and no I will not count Android and ithings as separate ports, and now PC.
#69HighOnPhazonPosted 4/18/2014 12:44:08 PM
This is one of the worst games in the series next to FFXIII as well, and it gets the most ports of any other game in the series.

WTF Squenix
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#70xanthan1Posted 4/18/2014 12:55:56 PM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...
This is one of the worst games in the series next to FFXIII as well, and it gets the most ports of any other game in the series.

WTF Squenix

...where the hell are you getting most ports?

The 1st and 4th beat it out man. As does the 2nd. 3 isn't even in the top 3 for most ported. Hell I'm pretty sure if you count Virtual Console and PSN also it ends up not even in the top 5.