This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Is Bringing Final Fantasy III To PC

#81BeknessPosted 4/18/2014 4:29:49 PM
meh. Got the DS version.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/ R<3B xx
Babes & I Now Playing - Mercenary Kings
#82DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2014 5:37:09 PM(edited)
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Watch out guys, we're dealing with a badass over here.

Difficulty is subject to the classes you use. Without a guide, you're basically guaranteed to grind at some point.

Or you could stop and think for a moment instead of rushing in with a party of 4 black mages.
There's only one point I can think of that's remotely bull**** in the entire game, and it's just the scholar class boss. Besides that, I had no trouble with logical party setups. No grinding, minimal death, no guide, not hard.
And I'm not even good at class-based games.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#83SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/18/2014 5:53:36 PM
Come on, even the other people defending the game admit that it's grindy.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#84DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2014 5:59:58 PM
And they're wrong.
---
#85DoramiPosted 4/18/2014 8:36:29 PM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Or you could stop and think for a moment instead of rushing in with a party of 4 black mages.
There's only one point I can think of that's remotely bull**** in the entire game, and it's just the scholar class boss. Besides that, I had no trouble with logical party setups. No grinding, minimal death, no guide, not hard.

The weakness changing boss is telegraphed by very obvious clues that tell you there's a weakness changing boss that's coming up and a long dungeon that will get you enough cp to change to scholar regardless of your previous class choices and CP accumulation.

Contrast with Garuda, which can wipe the party in 2 hits, cannot be killed within that frame except with a full party of dragoons, and the clues telling you this being not available until you're stuck in an area where the dungeon is optional (aka grind).

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...

I can explain to someone with no knowledge of upcoming events of the game, with a single independent clause, how to not grind at all in FF1.

Can you do anything nearly as efficient for FF3?

Easily.
"don't grind". Bam, done.

In other words, you can't.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
#86n00blet245Posted 4/18/2014 9:06:43 PM
Will buy just to increase the possibility of having a ff9 port
#87DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/18/2014 10:42:02 PM
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

The weakness changing boss is telegraphed by very obvious clues that tell you there's a weakness changing boss that's coming up and a long dungeon that will get you enough cp to change to scholar regardless of your previous class choices and CP accumulation.

Contrast with Garuda, which can wipe the party in 2 hits, cannot be killed within that frame except with a full party of dragoons, and the clues telling you this being not available until you're stuck in an area where the dungeon is optional (aka grind).

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...

I can explain to someone with no knowledge of upcoming events of the game, with a single independent clause, how to not grind at all in FF1.

Can you do anything nearly as efficient for FF3?

Easily.
"don't grind". Bam, done.

In other words, you can't.

Never had a problem with garuda. Don't know why you did. Boss was easy peasy.
---
#88geekneck99Posted 4/18/2014 11:23:38 PM(edited)
-CJF- posted...
jZangetsu21 posted...
-CJF- posted...
This is good news but.....

Give me FFX/2 HD and KH HD 1.5/2.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can pretty much get that by using a PS2 emulator.

Running PS2 games on PCSX2 is great if you boost the resolution.

Kingdom Hearts and FFX/ X-2 work great on it.

Yeah but I would rather have a native port with the HD HUD and text, etc.

Not that everyone on this site is American, but the back of the box for both KH 1.5 HD ReMix and the FFX/X-2 HD Remaster specifically mention the inclusion of content never before released in North America.
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#89Combo MasterPosted 4/18/2014 11:10:13 PM
I will take any final fantasy that cannot be emulated or a complete remake of any modern final fantasy for a pc version for $500 alex
---
Combo Master
#90MarikhenPosted 4/18/2014 11:35:01 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
The GBA remakes aren't representative of the original versions. FF2 was a very, very stiff grind. That said, even on GBA, the growth system was completely broken. And by broken, I mean it was full of exploits that could not be fixed without radical changes.

What kind of exploits?

Pretty much every RPG is loaded with exploits.

Speaking solely with regards to the Famicom release for Final Fantasy 2 I'll say that one pretty serious exploit was that you got experience awarded immediately upon initiating an action in the menu. It didn't need to carry on through the combat sequence. This let you hit fight and then cancel repeatedly for the first three (or two prior to getting a fourth) characters to quickly level up weapons and spells.

It wouldn't surprise me if similar issues cropped up in the remakes.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?