This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix Is Bringing Final Fantasy III To PC

#91DoramiPosted 4/19/2014 9:13:07 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Never had a problem with garuda. Don't know why you did. Boss was easy peasy.

Never had a problem with Hein. Don't know why you did. Boss was easy peasy.
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
#92DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2014 10:12:44 AM
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

So we agree then that FF3 is easy peasy and grind free.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#93DoramiPosted 4/19/2014 10:57:12 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

No. See "don't know why you did."
---
#94DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2014 12:15:14 PM
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I didn't.
---
#95DoramiPosted 4/19/2014 12:24:55 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I didn't.

So you didn't agree that FF3 is easy.
---
#96DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/19/2014 12:45:52 PM
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I didn't.

Wrong.
---
#97DoramiPosted 4/19/2014 12:51:57 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Dorami posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I didn't.

Wrong.

Wrong
---
#98ShihaliPosted 4/19/2014 3:56:26 PM
Am I the only one who finds it humorous that the thread degenerated into FF2 vs. FF3 for a while?

I found FF2's random battles much more engaging than FF3's because they required twice as many brain cells. One set to compute the plan to wipe the enemy party before they kill us, the other set to identify turns with more than one acceptable action and use those to train skills for later. If you never got into that habit, FF2 was probably grindy and very difficult for you.

The cranky hermit posted...
I think anyone discussing FF3 needs to specify if they mean the NES version or the DS version. They are different games in my book, and certainly have different XP curves.

And FF3 DS is significantly more grindy than FF3 Famicom. I've played both.

I played FF3 Famicom only. It wasn't grindy -- by NES standards. If you did all the optional content and especially if you did the Crystal Tower in multiple passes (e.g. one pass to grab the treasures, get out, and save, then a second pass to kill Xande), you should be right on average pace (beat the game at level 51+-2). It certainly wasn't easy, but I've played some harder RPGs and many grindier ones.

I still wonder why they're bringing FF3 to PC of all games. I suppose without the source code it would be hard to port the game everyone wants, and FF10 is out because they just released a remaster, but the only FF port I can imagine selling worse would be FF2 solo.
#99xanthan1Posted 4/19/2014 4:50:29 PM
Shihali posted...
Am I the only one who finds it humorous that the thread degenerated into FF2 vs. FF3 for a while?

I found FF2's random battles much more engaging than FF3's because they required twice as many brain cells. One set to compute the plan to wipe the enemy party before they kill us, the other set to identify turns with more than one acceptable action and use those to train skills for later. If you never got into that habit, FF2 was probably grindy and very difficult for you.

The cranky hermit posted...
I think anyone discussing FF3 needs to specify if they mean the NES version or the DS version. They are different games in my book, and certainly have different XP curves.

And FF3 DS is significantly more grindy than FF3 Famicom. I've played both.

I played FF3 Famicom only. It wasn't grindy -- by NES standards. If you did all the optional content and especially if you did the Crystal Tower in multiple passes (e.g. one pass to grab the treasures, get out, and save, then a second pass to kill Xande), you should be right on average pace (beat the game at level 51+-2). It certainly wasn't easy, but I've played some harder RPGs and many grindier ones.

I still wonder why they're bringing FF3 to PC of all games. I suppose without the source code it would be hard to port the game everyone wants, and FF10 is out because they just released a remaster, but the only FF port I can imagine selling worse would be FF2 solo.

Pretty sure "do ALL the 'optional' content or be underleveled" is still grindy. As is "just do the final dungeon twice," which serves no purpose but to try and grind more levels.
#100ShihaliPosted 4/19/2014 5:21:47 PM(edited)
xanthan1 posted...
Shihali posted...

Pretty sure "do ALL the 'optional' content or be underleveled" is still grindy. As is "just do the final dungeon twice," which serves no purpose but to try and grind more levels.

That's why I said "by NES standards". If you're famiiar with NES RPGs, you know that most of them expect you to walk around grinding levels without giving you optional content to grind levels in.
The real reason you would raid the Crystal Tower and leave is the same reason you would raid the Temple of Fiends Revisited and leave: there's a lot of good loot and a TPK means you have to go back and fetch it all over again.

Chrono Trigger it ain't, but except for the final dungeon FF3 is well paced compared to its coevals.