This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can a CyberPower PC Gamer Ultra run Half-Life 2 and maybe Guild Wars 2?

#11GoIrish80Posted 4/18/2014 1:09:40 PM
Make sure you get the "sucker" sticker that comes with that PC to slap across your forehead if that's what you end up going with.

Look....PC Gaming isn't console gaming. You don't just pick the cheapest, easiest option, plug it in, and you have nothing to think about anymore. Yes, that PC you're talking about WILL be able to play those 3 games you're asking about. But obviously at some point you're going to want to do things with this PC beyond playing those 3 games, and when that time comes you're going to get frustrated and be all angry at your PC because it isn't capable of what you want it to be capable of. That's not the PC's fault, that would be yours for buying something that isn't up to the tasks that you require.

If you are absolutely, 1000% positive that the only thing you will ever do with a PC is play those 3 games that you list then yes....I guess you could buy that PC and be content. But we all know, yourself included, that isn't going to happen. The day will come when you want to try more things that the PC has to offer and that machine just isn't going to be up to it. Either go back to building one yourself (it's really not hard, at all,) or find another pre built that is actually a gaming PC and not that absolute joke that you're looking at right now. It's made for suckers and the uneducated.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#12killa1096(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 1:15:20 PM(edited)
On second thought, I'm going to take Cool_Dude667's advice and get the intel core i5 4430 3.0 GHz CPU from that ecollegepc site he suggested.
#13machetemanPosted 4/18/2014 1:22:34 PM
that PC will not get playable GW2 FPS.
#14ShubPosted 4/18/2014 1:23:19 PM
So much for that 100+-post topic about the $7000 build huh?
So yeah ecollegepc.com will be fine and a build with an i5-4430 will be fine, but run the full specs by this board before buying anything.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#15JKatarnPosted 4/18/2014 1:57:36 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
Make sure you get the "sucker" sticker that comes with that PC to slap across your forehead if that's what you end up going with.

Look....PC Gaming isn't console gaming. You don't just pick the cheapest, easiest option, plug it in, and you have nothing to think about anymore. Yes, that PC you're talking about WILL be able to play those 3 games you're asking about. But obviously at some point you're going to want to do things with this PC beyond playing those 3 games, and when that time comes you're going to get frustrated and be all angry at your PC because it isn't capable of what you want it to be capable of. That's not the PC's fault, that would be yours for buying something that isn't up to the tasks that you require.

If you are absolutely, 1000% positive that the only thing you will ever do with a PC is play those 3 games that you list then yes....I guess you could buy that PC and be content. But we all know, yourself included, that isn't going to happen. The day will come when you want to try more things that the PC has to offer and that machine just isn't going to be up to it. Either go back to building one yourself (it's really not hard, at all,) or find another pre built that is actually a gaming PC and not that absolute joke that you're looking at right now. It's made for suckers and the uneducated.

I think you could impart the same "wisdom" to TC without lacing it with so much undeserved hostility. Let's introduce a little civility to GameFAQs.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#16TropicMoon10Posted 4/18/2014 2:06:27 PM
Should be illegal to advertise something so falsely. Calling that thing "gaming" anything is downright insulting. And this is coming from a budget PC builder.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#17kill2thisPosted 4/18/2014 2:08:39 PM
PC Gamer Ultra
#18killa1096(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2014 3:18:51 PM
macheteman posted...

What PC? The CyberPower PC, or the one from ecollegepc?
#19ClouddxPosted 4/18/2014 3:21:20 PM(edited)
killa1096 posted...
macheteman posted...

What PC? The CyberPower PC, or the one from ecollegepc?

You never posted the whole setup for the one from ecollegepc can you please do that.

Also the best thing to do with Ecollegepc.com is to get everything but the GPU from them as they overcharge immensely for GPUs and they are extremely easy to put in even for novices.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#20PhilOnDezPosted 4/18/2014 3:37:14 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
But that A6 has TWO WHOLE CORES.

It's actually a single floating point unit and two integer processing units. Windows 8 would identify it as a single core with two threads.

macheteman posted...

And this. An 8350 and dedicated gpu will top out at 40 fps, that with integrated just isn't going to run it.

Any Valve game would likely run fine on it, WoW would probably be playable but the CPU is going to hold it back in 25 mans. I was playing it on integrated graphics from 2006 though so it definitely runs on potatoes.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez