This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Microsoft just go back to Windows 7 if everybody hates Windows 8?

#21WyzeGyePosted 4/19/2014 11:23:57 AM
you're acting like this is a new development.... this "mod" was around the whole time.
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png
#22PsyborgasmPosted 4/19/2014 11:26:57 AM
Who hates win8? Once you put a shell on it its better than 7 in every regard.
#23KeeperofthedarkPosted 4/19/2014 11:30:21 AM
What is with people defending Windows 8 all of a sudden? Regardless of what Microsoft does to fix it, the base idea behind it is flawed and toxic. Microsoft made a mobile OS, and tried to pawn it off on desktop users. That's not okay.
#24Killah PriestPosted 4/19/2014 11:35:38 AM
What is with people defending Windows 8 all of a sudden?

I'd say its coming from people actually switching to and using it as opposed to just bashing it because of what they heard from some idiot that doesn't know any better.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#25jelly2008Posted 4/19/2014 11:36:04 AM
Windows 8.1 Update makes it a li'l easier on the KB+M users. And with the proposed Start Menu in an incoming patch, things should be like Windows 7 again.

The mistake MS did was to make the Modern UI a major point when it could've been an extra activated only for touch-enabled devices. Also, they arrogantly assumed people would use touchscreen monitors, which would've been unwieldy to use in a home desktop scenario.
---
Intel C2D E7500/ Intel DG41RQ/ CM GX550W Bronze/ ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU/ 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM/ Seagate 320GB + 1TB HDD/ Hitachi 250GB HDD/ Win 8.1 64-bit
#26ZeroRaiderPosted 4/19/2014 11:42:51 AM
Killah Priest posted...

I'd say its coming from people actually switching to and using it as opposed to just bashing it because of what they heard from some idiot that doesn't know any better.

This.
#27KeeperofthedarkPosted 4/19/2014 11:46:21 AM
Killah Priest posted...

If you want to argue, you could quote the rest of my post. Like I said, my issue behind Windows 8 is the design philosophy. It was created for the mobile platform first, and that makes it unappealing to me. Microsoft may or may not have made it better with updates, but that's irrelevant. What is important is that they made the desktop market a second priority with Windows 8.
#28Killah PriestPosted 4/19/2014 11:53:03 AM
If you want to argue, you could quote the rest of my post. Like I said, my issue behind Windows 8 is the design philosophy. It was created for the mobile platform first, and that makes it unappealing to me. Microsoft may or may not have made it better with updates, but that's irrelevant. What is important is that they made the desktop market a second priority with Windows 8.

That would mean addressing the ridiculous "tablet OS" nonsense.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#29xanthan1Posted 4/19/2014 11:55:55 AM(edited)
Psyborgasm posted...
Who hates win8? Once you put a shell on it its better than 7 in every regard.

You do get that isn't exactly a good thing, right? It'd be like saying "Who hates Oblivion? Once you put mods in it it's better than Morrowind in every regard."

Needing to rely on user modification to see an improvement over the older one is a sign you have ****ed up somewhere and made something worse, otherwise people wouldn't need to mod it for it be better than the old one.
#30WyzeGyePosted 4/19/2014 11:55:20 AM
Killah Priest posted...

That would mean addressing the ridiculous "tablet OS" nonsense.

Truth
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png