This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Microsoft just go back to Windows 7 if everybody hates Windows 8?

#31Orestes417Posted 4/19/2014 11:55:50 AM
As I posted earlier, making the OS more accessible to touch devices does not make it a "Tablet OS" nor does the user lacking a functioning brain make it a harder OS to use on the desktop than it's predecessors. The flaws are virtually all consistency issues.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#32MithrilMonarchPosted 4/19/2014 11:56:13 AM
Windows 8 > Windows 7.

Any complaints towards 8 are petty and moronic.
---
"What are you doing, Flame Mammoth? Don't be stupid!"
"DURR HURR HURR HURR"
#33JKatarnPosted 4/19/2014 12:34:14 PM
WyzeGye posted...
It's a vocal minority that loves windows 8... Neckbeards on the internet aren't everybody.

FTFY.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#34JKatarnPosted 4/19/2014 12:35:51 PM
Killah Priest posted...
If you want to argue, you could quote the rest of my post. Like I said, my issue behind Windows 8 is the design philosophy. It was created for the mobile platform first, and that makes it unappealing to me. Microsoft may or may not have made it better with updates, but that's irrelevant. What is important is that they made the desktop market a second priority with Windows 8.

That would mean addressing the ridiculous "tablet OS" nonsense.

But how exactly is it "nonsense" when the interface is clearly designed to be more efficient on touchscreens/make apps more accessible etc.?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#35ShpooplePosted 4/19/2014 12:40:33 PM
JKatarn posted...
Killah Priest posted...
If you want to argue, you could quote the rest of my post. Like I said, my issue behind Windows 8 is the design philosophy. It was created for the mobile platform first, and that makes it unappealing to me. Microsoft may or may not have made it better with updates, but that's irrelevant. What is important is that they made the desktop market a second priority with Windows 8.

But how exactly is it "nonsense" when the interface is clearly designed to be more efficient on touchscreens/make apps more accessible etc.?

Spoken like someone who hasn't even used windows 8.
#36JKatarnPosted 4/19/2014 1:11:41 PM(edited)
Shpoople posted...
JKatarn posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Spoken like someone who presumes anyone who has anything negative to say about something hasn't used/played it. FYI I did use the release candidate version some time ago and it was immediately evident to me that the interface was designed to be most efficient on touchscreens/mimic smartphone OS design. Numerous articles by any number of PC magazines/outlets will back me up on that. If you like Windows 8, that's fine and dandy, but that doesn't mean it's without fault.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/why-windows-8-should-have-been-for-touchscreens-only-1174071

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-8-1093002/review/7
"Although it's perfectly possible to use Windows 8 with a mouse and get all the features working smoothly, there's no denying a touchscreen makes it more intuitive; fast and fluid as the Microsoft marketing phrase has it"

http://www.zdnet.com/windows-8-without-touch-is-like-a-day-without-sunshine-7000015538/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2012830/windows-8-the-official-review.html?page=2
"Windows 8 is a different experience with a touch-enabled display, even if you're using such a display with a stock desktop system. At first, you don't think you'll use the touch capabilities. But then your kids come up and start touching the screen—after all, these days young users are growing up expecting displays to be touch-enabled. I've been running Windows 8 on a desktop PC equipped with an Acer T232HL touchscreen display, and although I use the mouse some of the time, I find myself reaching out to use gestures on the screen at other times. "
---
#37dennis941012Posted 4/19/2014 1:20:41 PM
WyzeGye posted...
It's a vocal minority that hates windows 8... Neckbeards on the internet isn't everybody.

It is vocal majority not minority that hates windows 8 Hell when my college installed windows 8 on to the computer there was huge uproar and they had to switch back to windows 7 on hundreds of computers
---
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912
#38WyzeGyePosted 4/19/2014 1:25:49 PM
so... because the people at YOUR college don't like it, that makes it a majority?

People follow the herd and are susceptible to suggestion. Likely that hate started with King Neckbeard in the IT department and trickled down.
---
http://puu.sh/7Eoww/e5f7bf2a73.png
http://puu.sh/7EoG7/ff5a108d5c.png
#39ShpooplePosted 4/19/2014 1:27:41 PM
JKatarn posted...
Shpoople posted...
JKatarn posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Spoken like someone who presumes anyone who has anything negative to say about something hasn't used/played it. FYI I did use the release candidate version some time ago and it was immediately evident to me that the interface ...

So you used it for a few minutes before it was even released and well before 8.1. Not even worth reading the rest of your comment, actually use it and come up with your own opinions.
#40JKatarnPosted 4/19/2014 1:53:33 PM
Shpoople posted...
JKatarn posted...
Shpoople posted...
JKatarn posted...
Killah Priest posted...

Spoken like someone who presumes anyone who has anything negative to say about something hasn't used/played it. FYI I did use the release candidate version some time ago and it was immediately evident to me that the interface ...

So you used it for a few minutes before it was even released and well before 8.1. Not even worth reading the rest of your comment, actually use it and come up with your own opinions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8

"Relatively few changes were made from the Release Preview to the final version; these included updated versions of its pre-loaded apps, the renaming of Windows Explorer to File Explorer, the replacement of the Aero Glass theme from Windows Vista and 7 with a new flat and solid-colored theme, and the addition of new background options for the Start screen, lock screen, and desktop"

So my point about the interface stands....unless they're wrong and metro changed DRASTICALLY since the release preview.
---