This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Microsoft just go back to Windows 7 if everybody hates Windows 8?

#41GTANikoPosted 4/19/2014 2:34:56 PM
Windows 8 with StartIsBack installed > Windows 7
#42Killah PriestPosted 4/19/2014 3:01:48 PM
So my point about the interface stands....unless they're wrong and metro changed DRASTICALLY since the release preview.

I think what he was trying to say was... You didn't really commit to switching so you weren't willing to put effort into it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#43singhellotakuPosted 4/19/2014 3:07:40 PM
Grunt40 posted...
Who's this "everyone" you speak of? I for one love Windows 8, and I know I'm not the only one

Actually you are, windows 8 just adds everything I hate about mac's and tablets into the equation.

To answer tc's question, businesses (especially m$) don't work that way, but you can bet windows 9 will look an awful lot like windows 7.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#44Orestes417Posted 4/19/2014 3:10:20 PM
Killah Priest posted...
So my point about the interface stands....unless they're wrong and metro changed DRASTICALLY since the release preview.

I think what he was trying to say was... You didn't really commit to switching so you weren't willing to put effort into it.

Or more succinctly you saw different looking icons and your brain shut off.
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#45x ShadowPosted 4/19/2014 3:12:41 PM
So much drama here. Apparently everyone that doesn't like this interface is automatically a neckbeard, now? And heck what's with all the hatred against neckbeards anyway? Who started this? I mean I think it's silly that a forum of what should essentially be a bunch of nerds is calling other people bigger nerds than themselves and saying that it's a bad thing and they should be ashamed and ostracized. I've just now started frequenting this place, but I find the state of things here to be somewhat mind boggling. o.0

Anyway, I'm using 8.1 on my Surface Pro. I don't really care for it that much, but I don't exactly hate it either. It works, it's fairly responsive, and it's not that bad, but I don't feel it's terribly necessary. For instance, I have very rarely "taken advantage" of the new start panel. 99% of my time is spent in desktop mode. As a user of Metro on a touch screen (which is supposedly the intended audience), I feel like they took the easy way out with trying to make Windows 8 a touch friendly interface. It doesn't go far enough where it counts (for instance, the keyboard doesn't pop up for anything but metro apps by default; I have to manually bring it up. That's quite silly), and it goes too far where it doesn't. The Metro panel in general: I somewhat like the idea, but it took away some useful features from the start menu that I wanted; or at least they're too obscured. Or how about the way they're trying to FORCE me to use my Windows account with their OS? Those are just a few examples. So my feelings towards it are somewhat neutral... but I wouldn't use it as a desktop OS either way. Not without a shell mod.
---
THIS TABLE... THIS TABLE!!~~! - Someone from an anime. Tables are very useful, indeed.
Almost orgasmically so.
#46Flen15Posted 4/19/2014 3:28:45 PM
Mudkip57 posted...
Snickleseed posted...
Grunt40 posted...
Who's this "everyone" you speak of? I for one love Windows 8(.1), and I know I'm not the only one
#47SinfullyvannilaPosted 4/19/2014 3:31:52 PM
x Shadow posted...
So much drama here. Apparently everyone that doesn't like this interface is automatically a neckbeard, now? And heck what's with all the hatred against neckbeards anyway? Who started this? I mean I think it's silly that a forum of what should essentially be a bunch of nerds is calling other people bigger nerds than themselves and saying that it's a bad thing and they should be ashamed and ostracized. I've just now started frequenting this place, but I find the state of things here to be somewhat mind boggling. o.0

Anyway, I'm using 8.1 on my Surface Pro. I don't really care for it that much, but I don't exactly hate it either. It works, it's fairly responsive, and it's not that bad, but I don't feel it's terribly necessary. For instance, I have very rarely "taken advantage" of the new start panel. 99% of my time is spent in desktop mode. As a user of Metro on a touch screen (which is supposedly the intended audience), I feel like they took the easy way out with trying to make Windows 8 a touch friendly interface. It doesn't go far enough where it counts (for instance, the keyboard doesn't pop up for anything but metro apps by default; I have to manually bring it up. That's quite silly), and it goes too far where it doesn't. The Metro panel in general: I somewhat like the idea, but it took away some useful features from the start menu that I wanted; or at least they're too obscured. Or how about the way they're trying to FORCE me to use my Windows account with their OS? Those are just a few examples. So my feelings towards it are somewhat neutral... but I wouldn't use it as a desktop OS either way. Not without a shell mod.

You'll never find a more wretched den of hypocrisy and self-loathing. You must be cautious.
---
Friend Code 3050-7626-8586 Abra/Sigilyph/Gothorita FS, PM me for FS trades.
#48TiredofhearinguPosted 4/19/2014 3:33:06 PM
Who needs cross brand hate when you can hate on two versions of the same thing from the same company?
#49cancerstormPosted 4/19/2014 3:36:45 PM
I CAN ONLY USE WINDOWS 8 WITH HANDS HOW DO I USE WITH MOUSE AND KEYBOARD??????????????????
---
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg
#50darkstar4221Posted 4/19/2014 3:41:16 PM(edited)
Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 it doesn't really matter Microsoft gets money either way. Microsoft makes sure their OEM partners and consumers are paying that windows licensing fee because if you pirate Windows you go to jail. Remember guys if you pirate Windows Microsoft won't get the R&D money to make Windows better in the next version.