This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Microsoft just go back to Windows 7 if everybody hates Windows 8?

#51HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 4/19/2014 3:40:16 PM
I got windows 8 for free from my school and switched up after having a few great years with 7. After configuring it to look and feel like Windows 7, I must say it is better in every way
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#52BeerOnTapPosted 4/19/2014 3:56:42 PM
Snickleseed posted...
Grunt40 posted...
Who's this "everyone" you speak of? I for one love Windows 8(.1), and I know I'm not the only one

I agree.
Be gone troll tc.
#53DoomkillaPosted 4/19/2014 3:59:34 PM
Topic is full of fanboys.
---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#54Reginleif20Posted 4/19/2014 4:22:26 PM
slk_23 posted...
Pretty much everybody agrees that Windows 7 is the greatest operating system of all time, and Windows 8 was coming after a tough act to follow. But they made it much worse to appeal to tablets when most people are still on PCs. The update Windows 8.1's main appeal is even to bring back the Start menu to make it look more like Windows 7, at which point what's the point of not just bringing back Windows 7 altogether? Nobody would miss Windows 8 if it were gone; why not just quickly release Windows 9 now with a few updates and have it very similar to Windows 7?

Because they need to sell Windows 8, they invested in it after all
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#55codyorrPosted 4/19/2014 4:39:16 PM
I miss Vista, baby.
#56GamersTavernPosted 4/19/2014 4:58:59 PM
I prefer Windows XP.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#57Fou LuPosted 4/19/2014 5:13:44 PM
Windows 8 is great on my tablet. I don't want Windows 7 ruining it.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#58mjc0961Posted 4/19/2014 5:51:17 PM
Grunt40 posted...
Who's this "everyone" you speak of? I for one love Windows 8, and I know I'm not the only one

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#59battlfrnt2006Posted 4/19/2014 5:53:48 PM
Snickleseed posted...
Grunt40 posted...
Who's this "everyone" you speak of? I for one love Windows 8(.1), and I know I'm not the only one

This. I have none of these problems with it that "everyone"else seems to have. I quite enjoy 8.1
---
PSN: mtllica / GT: CapraDaemon / SteamID: falloutnut
Now Playing: Wolfenstein, Singularity, King's Field II, MoH series
#60suprsoliderPosted 4/19/2014 6:22:46 PM
Pretty much everybody agrees that Windows 7 is the greatest operating system of all time

Um, NO, not by a long shot.

I can name a number of Linux distros that make Windows look like a cheap toy.
GNU Linux is the best OS of all time and it's free and open. Companies now are starting to realize this and it's gaining support.

Windows is ancient and archaic and needs to be put out to pasture. Only reason I have Windows installed in a virtual machine is for the few programs and games I can't get running through WINE. I don't even use WINE that much as most of the programs that I use are available natively on Linux and are free.
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
PSN ID: CF-105