This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Microsoft just go back to Windows 7 if everybody hates Windows 8?

#71temgunPosted 4/20/2014 5:53:26 AM
How do the haters even use Windows? Like do they spend all their time in the start menu? Pin down the programs you use the most, problem solved. The only thing I used the start menu in W7 was to select my computer and occasionally control panel. Both of them are maybe even faster to start up in 8.1. Searching for something is identical to W7.
#72darkstar4221Posted 4/20/2014 8:17:36 AM(edited)
temgun posted...
How do the haters even use Windows? Like do they spend all their time in the start menu? Pin down the programs you use the most, problem solved. The only thing I used the start menu in W7 was to select my computer and occasionally control panel. Both of them are maybe even faster to start up in 8.1. Searching for something is identical to W7.

Because Microsoft still has a monopoly in the home computer market, this is especially true if you are a gamer. If you want to play hundreds of PC games you have to use windows. There are no substitute. You buy a prebuild comp from Best Buy or some other retail store the computer already has windows pre-installed. What's worse is that the computer you buy is not only locked to windows, but the windows license that comes with it. Simply reformatting your computer or installing a different operating system will cause problems.

So Microsoft inflates the cost of PCs because in order for your PC to properly function it needs to have a valid windows license. If no one didn't have to use windows Microsoft wouldn't be a monopoly. Yes people complain about using W8, but since Microsoft literally forces the consumer to use W8 whether they like it or not, as well as Microsoft making it expensive to "downgrade" to W7, there will be lots of complaints and there complaints are valid.
#73NicodimusPosted 4/20/2014 8:43:49 AM
Windows 14 is the best. Screw Windows 8.
---
My movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#74gamerdude555Posted 4/20/2014 9:14:18 AM
I will keep using Windows 7 for next couple of years. no need for anything else right now.
---
gamers paradise
#75Chaos_MissilePosted 4/20/2014 9:15:25 AM
*teleports in*

WyzeGye posted...
dennis941012 posted..
WyzeGye posted...
It's a vocal minority that hates windows 8... Neckbeards on the internet isn't everybody.

It is vocal majority not minority that hates windows 8 Hell when my college installed windows 8 on to the computer there was huge uproar and they had to switch back to windows 7 on hundreds of computers

so... because the people at YOUR college don't like it, that makes it a majority?

People follow the herd and are susceptible to suggestion. Likely that hate started with King Neckbeard in the IT department and trickled down.

So....let me get this straight: apparently, a group of people's opinion on a certain product holds LESS weight than your own? That YOUR opinion alone is better than a sample size?

Are you sure you're not just being a Microsoft fanboy?

*teleports out*
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#76ThePonyColliePosted 4/20/2014 9:48:07 AM
If you already have W7, I see no reason to upgrade. But I gotta say, the W8 supporters are more annoying than the haters. To them, MS can do no wrong.
---
No Steam, no buy.
#77drinkPosted 4/20/2014 9:59:51 AM
No love for Windows Me?
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#78OreoBoy206Posted 4/20/2014 12:58:11 PM(edited)
darkstar4221 posted...
200 million sales to OEM's simply does not equal sales to consumers if those machines are just sitting on the shelves collecting dust. Given the market-share of Windows which has been over 90% for over two decades those numbers don't really mean anything, it just means Microsoft's monopoly is still intact. The only reason why Microsoft can get so many "sales" is because of copyright law. Because of copyright and other ip laws only Microsoft can create and redistribute a windows-like operating system, combined with their market-share MS gets billions of dollars year selling "licenses" of Windows.

Nice copy and paste from the websites comment section.. Anyway, couldn't the same be said for any version of Windows ever sold? How do we even know Windows 7 sold well to consumers if they don't separate OEM sales from consumer sales when they release numbers? Point is, it's still selling decently and making Microsoft money despite all the hate..
#79temgunPosted 4/20/2014 1:47:36 PM
ThePonyCollie posted...
But I gotta say, the W8 supporters are more annoying than the haters. To them, MS can do no wrong.

How the hell does supporting W8 supposedly makes you think that? It's either that or hating it? I think W8(.1) is fantastic but I think the xbone is a joke, how's that?
#80Orestes417Posted 4/20/2014 1:53:17 PM
temgun posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
But I gotta say, the W8 supporters are more annoying than the haters. To them, MS can do no wrong.

How the hell does supporting W8 supposedly makes you think that? It's either that or hating it? I think W8(.1) is fantastic but I think the xbone is a joke, how's that?

Don't waste the effort typing. reading comprehension apparently is not strong with that one
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together