This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate vista so much?

#1Dirk85UKPosted 4/19/2014 12:58:30 PM
I used vista for about 4 years (2007-2011) and it worked flawlessly, apart from 1 problem which was that it did not support my 32 bit anti virus back in when it was released in 2007. Why do people hate vista so much?
---
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711
#2Neo_PortaPottyPosted 4/19/2014 1:01:46 PM
Resource inefficient, vista ready pc's, inferior to xp in general to name a few
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#3Nineteen99Posted 4/19/2014 1:02:01 PM
Because it's cool to hate Vista.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#4cody4783Posted 4/19/2014 1:02:39 PM
Unsavory launch. New OS with significantly higher system requirements than the previous system, and too many NEW computers being sold at the same time with too little RAM to support/run it properly. Left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

My first experience with it was like, 6 months to a year after it released, on a laptop with just under 2GB of RAM. System ran fine with it, and for what I believe was a consumer level laptop (Was a friend's), it ran Vista just fine....and Battlefield 2, which I played on it because my computer couldn't run it. >_>

I've been using Vista on my current, desperately aging machine for years now and don't have any real complaints. It's been solid since the first service pack, IMO.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#5Sora_AnbuPosted 4/19/2014 1:03:10 PM
It was too late, and too bloated.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#6DoramiPosted 4/19/2014 1:03:35 PM
Bad first impressions because:

1. It was loaded onto computers that were too weak to run it well.
2. Third parties were not ready with drivers, causing a lot of BSOD.
3. It changed program permissions so that a noticeable number of programs written with XP's (awful) permissions system in mind did not run correctly (or at all in some cases).
---
C2D L7500 | GMA X3100 | 2 GB DDR2 | 250 GB Evo
#7PhilOnDezPosted 4/19/2014 1:05:08 PM
My personal experience with vista was when I was in college and using a laptop. I bought a laptop right as vista was released and at that point most of the hardware available was meant to run XP. Hardware that ran XP acceptably struggled pretty hard with Vista, especially models with just one gig of ram.

If you had a custom built mid-high end gamin machine Vista probably ran fine for you. A lot of my friends who've been PC gaming for a lot longer than I have said they never got what the big deal was.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8CELTEKKPosted 4/19/2014 1:07:25 PM
it ate resources for dinner. running everything as administrator was annoying.

it was slow. it was bad.

you should feel bad for even asking this question.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8
#9SnickleseedPosted 4/19/2014 1:12:10 PM(edited)
Because at the time of its release, the average pre-built PC was still being sold with 1GB of RAM, a weak dual core CPU and integrated video that could barely play Minesweeper...

That and the fact that it was totally incompatible with XP/NT drivers meant that a lot of people suddenly found themselves frustrated when their new computer didn't support their peripherals they had just bought...

plus the overzealous UAC that tried too hard to save users from themselves, the whole 32-bit vs. 64-bit clusterf***.... program incompatibilities... no less than SIX different versions.... four of which were available for consumers to buy off the shelf... it was all too overwhelming for Joe Consumer to figure out thus it quickly gained a reputation as a "terrible" OS. Even though Service Pack 2 put it pretty much on par with Windows 7 from a stability and speed standpoint, and far ahead of XP in just about every way possible.. but at that point the damage had been done
---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#10halomonkey1_3_5Posted 4/19/2014 1:15:24 PM
I never had any serious issue with Vista. My PC could handle it and I was smart enough to google and fix any nagging issues. I could see how it sucked majorly for a bunch of people though, since it was put onto a lot of cheap prebuilt PCs that could barely run XP, let alone Vista+Aero.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest