This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F*** Warner Bros Montreal

#1KillerTrufflePosted 4/19/2014 3:50:56 PM
Seriously... I've been trying for who knows how long to get my 360 controller (authentic, not knockoff) to work with Arkham Origins, and nothing. My controller works perfectly outside the game - in other games and even to launch big picture mode on Steam. All drivers are up to date for GPU, controller, and I've checked to be sure the game has the latest patch. I've also validated all files. Nothing.

Another issue is that sound is ridiculously low in the game - I have to turn my PC volume up to almost max in order to hear anything. This is not because of in-game sound settings either... those are fine.

How the f*** can a company release such a horribly bug-ridden game that's basically unplayable, and on top of that tell its customers "f*** you - we're not patching this s***, we're making DLC so you idiots can give us MORE money?"

I'd almost think EA was running this company. I think I might just file a Steam help ticket to request a refund and to get this piece of s*** out of my library. There's no excuse for selling an unplayable game and publicly refusing to fix it.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#2Odin of KpxPosted 4/19/2014 4:02:36 PM(edited)
That is not that uncommon of problem for games. Usually you fix it by going into your device manager and disabling all of the HID-compliant game controllers. What causes this issue is when you have setup a D-Input device, games that recognize both D-Input and X-Input will often recognize the D-Input as the primary controller. I've had this happen in games from major publishers and indy games. It is actually a problem that is caused by developers trying to support a wider range of controllers than just Xbox 360 controllers. Just remember to re-enable your controller once you are done playing the game.
#3anonymous46773Posted 4/19/2014 4:05:00 PM
Logitech controller? Some people were reporting issues with them, apparently:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Origins#Logitech_controllers_not_working
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4_LegendaryPunk_Posted 4/19/2014 4:09:52 PM
Ugh. I have Arkham Origins sitting on my shelf, just waiting for when I have a chance to put some time aside to really get into it. I'm hoping I don't run into any of the problems so many people seem to be having...

Thankfully Arkham Knight is going back to the original developers.
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#5GoIrish80Posted 4/19/2014 4:10:45 PM
I played Arkham Origins from beginning to end with an Xbox 360 controller, no problems at all. Never had any problems with sound either.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#6Doolz2024Posted 4/19/2014 4:11:16 PM
For the low sound problem, in the communications tab on sound settings, select "do nothing" when Windows detects communications activity. That solved the issue for me.
---
4670K | EVGA GTX 780 | G-Skill 8GB
Full build here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Doolz/saved/4c10
#7calcyclePosted 4/19/2014 4:15:06 PM
no problems on my end, they fixed all the important things so all the absolute hate isn't right for them, only mild.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#8KidInTheHallPosted 4/19/2014 4:22:34 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
I played Arkham Origins from beginning to end with an Xbox 360 controller, no problems at all. Never had any problems with sound either.

^ What the drunk said. I had a nearly flawless playthrough. Good game.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#9TropicMoon10Posted 4/19/2014 4:42:07 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
^ What the drunk said. I had a nearly flawless playthrough. Good game.

Same. There was an annoying bug during the Killer Croc fight and the game would sometimes crash when I ran the benchmark, but other than that everything ran fine.

I'm not saying WB Montreal is innocent - the game is definitely buggy and unstable. Some computers seem to run it better than others and that's just not okay. However I really enjoyed Arkham Origins as a game. Might even pick up the season pass during the next sale.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#10protools1983Posted 4/19/2014 5:30:39 PM
I played Arkham Origins with a 360 controller on PC with absolutely no problems at all.

Not the dev's fault TC, it's yours.
---
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?