This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I am trying to reset my he Pavillion dv7 to factory settings but...

#1I_am_OmnipotentPosted 4/19/2014 4:13:32 PM
I am holding down f11 when I turn on the computer to do this but all it does is beep.

HELP!
---
RIP Missy 1994- February 27th 2012
You were more than a Dog you were a best friend, a listener,a therapist, and everything I needed you to be you were family.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 4/19/2014 4:23:54 PM
Are you just trying to reset the bios or what? Do yourself a favor and just do a clean install (back up your data and at least your lan driver of course). I have a DV7 (not sure if it's the same model) and it runs twice as well after just scrapping the factory install. No more HPbloatware.junk crashing every few hours, no more failed Windows updates, it's just better than brand new. The only thing worse than HP's system cooling is their proprietary software.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3Orestes417Posted 4/19/2014 4:24:51 PM
First, are you certain that's the correct key and do you need to hold the F-lock key?
Second, are you certain the recovery partition is still intact?
---
Bled dry from the inside, darkest of weather
I'll be your mirror we can shatter together
#4I_am_Omnipotent(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 4:30:22 PM
Orestes417 posted...
First, are you certain that's the correct key and do you need to hold the F-lock key?
Second, are you certain the recovery partition is still intact?

I am not sure how do I find out?
---
You were more than a Dog you were a best friend, a listener,a therapist, and everything I needed you to be you were family.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 4/19/2014 4:30:55 PM
^on my DV7 it's escape that it asks me to press. It also had media keys instead of F-keys. Make sure you're pressing the right button, and if it is F11 make sure you don't need to press Fn.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#6I_am_Omnipotent(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 4:34:00 PM
It says press f11 but when I hold it down it just starts beeping.
---
#7PhilOnDezPosted 4/19/2014 4:39:58 PM
Don't hold it, tap it a few times.
---
#8I_am_Omnipotent(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2014 5:57:09 PM
I tried tapping it still no go.
---