This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long before PC gaming graphics will look better than real life?

#1Jedi454Posted 4/20/2014 9:29:34 AM
I'm hoping that some day the graphics look so great, that it will look better than real life and with VR coming along nicely, we'll be able to live in a virtual reality world that's better than real life where we can do whatever we want, with no consequences and without having to leave our bedrooms ever again. I'll be able to create the ultimate gf in a video game and marry her in game, have a family, etc... How brilliant does that sound?!
---
Get Good Kid.
#2maybecallsPosted 4/20/2014 9:33:27 AM
3297 AD
---
i5-2500 / 8GB RAM / GTX 460 1GB / 550w PSU
#3FishyGoodness12Posted 4/20/2014 9:35:48 AM
Jedi454 posted...
I'm hoping that some day the graphics look so great, that it will look better than real life and with VR coming along nicely, we'll be able to live in a virtual reality world that's better than real life where we can do whatever we want, with no consequences and without having to leave our bedrooms ever again. I'll be able to create the ultimate gf in a video game and marry her in game, have a family, etc... How brilliant does that sound?!

Except in that world a government shall rise to power and make your life a living hell with virtual taxes.
---
Official Cactuar of every Final Fantasy Board.
Disputing with Gamefaqs Mods is so useless, they might as well remove the dispute button.
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 4/20/2014 9:41:52 AM
A few more years IMO
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#5Nineteen99Posted 4/20/2014 9:44:03 AM
This has all happened before, and it will happen again.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#6SchoolRumblePosted 4/20/2014 9:46:39 AM
There is no better than real life
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#7drinkPosted 4/20/2014 9:55:02 AM
SchoolRumble posted...
There is no better than real life

This
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#8pwnater777Posted 4/20/2014 9:58:14 AM
Honestly, last night as I was watching Captain America 2, I was thinking about how some video games (during intense action scenes) already look better than "reality" (in this case just a film, though it cost millions to make).
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9Jprime666Posted 4/20/2014 10:00:44 AM
pwnater777 posted...
Honestly, last night as I was watching Captain America 2, I was thinking about how some video games (during intense action scenes) already look better than "reality" (in this case just a film, though it cost millions to make).

flashier does not mean more realistic.
---
Indeed! Verily, I say... Ergo!
#10CELTEKKPosted 4/20/2014 10:14:40 AM
how can you expect something to look better than what you can base it off of?

dumb topic is dumb.
---
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
3770k@4.8