This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long before PC gaming graphics will look better than real life?

#41THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 4/20/2014 1:24:54 PM(edited)
While I don't care if it'll look more "realistic" than reality. I honestly can't wait until full/actual virtual reality to becomes a thing.
---
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!" - Baron Munchausen
#42Whitemike20052Posted 4/20/2014 2:03:24 PM
CELTEKK posted...
how can you expect something to look better than what you can base it off of?

dumb topic is dumb.

Thats probably one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#43jenekiPosted 4/20/2014 2:05:00 PM
Dude ... my PC is running at a higher resolution, and a better frame rate, than real life, man ...
---
Up, Down, A, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, Up, A, Down, Right, Right, Left, B, Up, Left, A, Right, B, Left, Right, A, Left, Up, A, Down, A, Right, Left, B, Start.
#44drinkPosted 4/20/2014 2:09:37 PM
Scisor50 posted...
Why do some people make it seem like developers need to deposit money into a machine each time they make a cube in a game engine?

Because adding more "cubes" cost money. Unless you have people work for free.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#45pothocketPosted 4/20/2014 2:34:27 PM
drink posted...
Scisor50 posted...
Why do some people make it seem like developers need to deposit money into a machine each time they make a cube in a game engine?

Because adding more "cubes" cost money. Unless you have people work for free.

No kidding. Why do some people make it seem like games code themselves?
---
http://i.imgur.com/L2ASIya.gif
http://i.imgur.com/5hUcbcx.gif
#46Bmvc1Posted 4/20/2014 2:40:31 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I'm hoping that some day the graphics look so great, that it will look better than real life and with VR coming along nicely, we'll be able to live in a virtual reality world that's better than real life where we can do whatever we want, with no consequences and without having to leave our bedrooms ever again. I'll be able to create the ultimate gf in a video game and marry her in game, have a family, etc... How brilliant does that sound?!

Sounds like Caprica
---
PSN: Bmvc1 | Steam: Bmvc1 | Live: xXiAmLgNdXx |
#47supness420Posted 4/20/2014 2:49:36 PM
I don't think virtual reality can look better than real life in terms of definition. Now, virtual reality will, in some distant age, be able to make give you the image that you prefer. ie: You could see what you would look like with perfect skin, blue instead of green eyes, skinny instead of fat, etc... That is changing perception and not definition.
---
Common sense has changed as the common person's sense is idiotic; therefore, I am happy to say I am not common, and I have no common sense.
#48OreoBoy206Posted 4/20/2014 2:51:03 PM
How long until AI in games becomes so good that the NPCs we attack genuinely feel pain and make us feel bad for attacking them?
#49Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 2:52:15 PM
Hopefully the woman I can make in gaming in the future can have a squatter's booty ;)
---
Get Good Kid.
#50DaedalusExPosted 4/20/2014 2:54:30 PM
SchoolRumble posted...
There is no better than real life

I've had drug experiences that looked better than real life.