This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG Game / On Steam / Low Run Specs / Make you feel like a God? Ideas?

#1Jasonspencer16Posted 4/20/2014 10:19:12 AM
Hey.

So I'm looking for a new RPG game to play - I really enjoy open games where you can feel like a God - games like Kingdoms of Amalur and Skyrim both fit this, and I have played both on my 360 and really enjoyed them. Games where you can wade through the enemies, slicing them up and really feel amazing.

I recently downloaded Star wars: KOTOR but I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I'm finding it very slow, and I just want to be a badass and I'm getting rather frustrated with it. If it helps I've just got off of Taris. It's wierd because I really enjoyed similar games such as Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Lastly, it would help if the game would have lower specs. So has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.
---
GamerTag: TwistAndSpin
~3/2DS FC: 4055 4059 2909 Illumise, Ledyba and Vivillon ~Pokemon Black 2: 0949 2003 3492~
#2thedeadman568Posted 4/20/2014 10:26:24 AM
I can't think of any RPGs that actually make you feel completely overpowered from the beginning, not even Vanilla Skyrim does that. IMO not a bad thing.
Anyway, the best "God of murder and destruction" games I can think of are the Assassins Creed games, though they aren't RPGs and depending on which one you try you might have trouble running it.
---
do what a man would and show of your manhood
#3Doomsday FortePosted 4/20/2014 10:38:21 AM
TES 3 Morrowind fits the bill. It has diceroll combat (so you can smack a mudcrab with your fists and it'll "miss" even though you're almost physically unable to do so), but the bit about being like a God really comes into play with how broken Alchemy and Enchanting are.

Spells are pretty ho-hum but you can make some pretty interesting custom ones, and you can apply spell effects to your equipment for constant effects or on-demand effects that don't hit your Magicka. One of the "essential" mods has a feature that greatly extends how far you can set custom effects, to say, have a Jump spell with a 404-416 power for 1 second so you can cross about a third of the island in a single bound...on an item, so it costs very little item charge, and then you slap on an item with Slowfall 1pt so you don't die on landing. The vanilla game restricts you, though it's still possible to break it wide open if you want.

And Alchemy has a wonderful infinite loop. Make a Fortify Intelligence potion. Drink it. Alchemy is based on Intelligence which is boosted, so you make more potent potions. Make another. Drink it. Make another. Drink it. It's slow and costly, but you will be able to make potions potent enough to have effects that last several hours and be worth so much that you can bankrupt any merchant with one transaction.
---
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
#4Master_BassPosted 4/20/2014 10:54:26 AM
I think you should keep trying KOTOR, personally. I don't really like Taris but once you're done with the next place, the real fun starts.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#5aura3848Posted 4/20/2014 10:58:05 AM
Kingdoms of Amalur is $6.00 on Steam right now if you want it on PC
---
http://getdotastats.com/sig/82341199.png
#6Epicness2012Posted 4/20/2014 11:04:42 AM
Doomsday Forte posted...
TES 3 Morrowind fits the bill. It has diceroll combat (so you can smack a mudcrab with your fists and it'll "miss" even though you're almost physically unable to do so),

This is only at the beginning of the game when your skills are still low. After a couple of hours you'll forget that the diceroll system even exists.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bYgoJ.jpg
Remember, citizens, bullets cost money and resources. Do your part by dying quickly
#7CovenantPosted 4/20/2014 12:02:51 PM
There are a good number of 2D games that seem to fit what you want, but since you only mentioned 3D games it seems like you don't favor them.
#8Jasonspencer16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2014 4:48:00 AM
I tend to favor 3D games for the graphics - I understand Graphics don't make a game, but for me they help with the immersion.

I've continued to play KOTOR and am enjoying it a lot more - I decided to enter in some basic cheats so my character is overlevelled now. I'm finding the run a lot more fun now, as my character both looks like a bad ass Jedi, but kills like one.
---
GamerTag: TwistAndSpin
~3/2DS FC: 4055 4059 2909 Illumise, Ledyba and Vivillon ~Pokemon Black 2: 0949 2003 3492~